[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /Fit/ -Need advice on Hobbies. > I've moved to a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0987.jpg (25KB, 400x521px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0987.jpg
25KB, 400x521px
Hey /Fit/ -Need advice on Hobbies.

> I've moved to a small town where my parents live.
> Know nobody. Also single.
> Have landed a full time job (start next week).
> currently living with rents. Going to look for own place in the next couple of weeks once settled in to new job. Maybe shared house maybe one bed depends what's available. Also planning to get on Tindr but not expecting much variety as small town - nearest city is 45min drive.

> been unsuccessful making friends at gym. I'm mild autist at worst. Have no trouble talking to people once forced into convo but not good at initiating conversations. Usually ignore and focus on what I'm doing. Been training while gym is quiet anyway.
> Decided to get hobbies like join a club or something to make friends/meet girls. My only hobbies are lifting, playing guitar and Bass (I'm adverage), video games so looking for something new that's likely be popular with people my age (I'm 27). Like yoga or something...

> Any bros have suggestions of what's a good hobby??? Not martial arts I've tried that and it's not my thing. We have a shooting club that I plan on joining but need to get a liscence first as the laws hear mean I can't do that until I have my own place.
> What do?
>>
>>41848718
practice math. Work up to at least multi variable calculus and diffy q.
>>
>>41848718
>martial arts isn't my thing

I think you should look into being a man for a hobby
>>
>>41848901
I'm just uncoordinated that's all. Plus the only martial arts available here are Karate which I've tried and hated and Judo which doesn't interest me. I'd give Krav-Maga or Ju-Jitsu a go if that was an option.
>>
>>41848718
Why don't you give archery a go? Nothing crucial, a recurve will suit you well. You're already two steps ahead, you train strength and have some decent calluses from guitar.
>>
>>41848922
Coordination is a skill. Don't be a fucking quitter.
>>
Try a sport. There's tons of men's leagues for beginners of every sport, even in small towns. You'll get put on a team and then have people to talk to as well.

I play men's league hockey to keep myself busy. It's expensive but always really fun
>>
>>41849295
Seconding this. I've met a ton of people at the archery range. Plus, there is a qt who always wears crop tops and has an unbelievable ass that shoots long distance there
>>
>>41849365
>>41849295
Thanks bros I've checked online and theee is an archery club will look into that.

Anyone tried yoga? Thought it might be good for recovery a flexibility. Is that hot girl yoga class thing a meme or is it full of middle aged women trying to avoid excercise.
>>
Try >>>/o/, you seem like you have money.
>>
>>41849708
Seconding this, a cool (classic) car attracts both bros and girls. If you get something like a Miata/MX-5, Impreza, BMW 2002, anything Alfa Romeo or a muscle car of your choosing you also buy into a great community.
>>
>>41848718
Cycling
>>
>>41849678
>Is that hot girl yoga class thing a meme or is it full of middle aged women trying to avoid excercise.
Yes, but it's still worth it.
>>
>>41849882
Lol I brought a new car 8 months ago (it's a Toyota lol). Not rich so won't be investing in a classic or muscle car anytime soon.
>>
>>41848718
dancing and or running
>>
File: 1415509509456.jpg (49KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1415509509456.jpg
49KB, 460x460px
Hiking, shooting, archery, fishing or anything involving small circles of open people

I struggled with something similar last year and I forced myself like total social spastic to integrate (with success) with a small hiking group. Awkwardness was STUPIDLY obvious but most people are pretty welcoming OP.

Find something that takes you outside the house and outside your comfort zone socially, I think it'll surprise you.

If a cold approach to a social circle is too daunting or fails you then try looking up local forums for whatever perks your interests and build a bit of confidence talking to people behind a keyboard first.

You gonna make it brah
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.