[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW DO I STOP GETTIN SHIN SPLINTS I RUN FOR 5 MINUTES ON TREADMILL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1457830884162s.jpg (8KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1457830884162s.jpg
8KB, 208x250px
HOW DO I STOP GETTIN SHIN SPLINTS I RUN FOR 5 MINUTES ON TREADMILL AND MY LEGS HURT TOO MUCH TO KEEP GOING
>>
>>
Go slower.
Do it every day, and stop when the pain starts.
The pain will take longer and longer to start as you get used to it until you can run for 30+mins pain free.
>>
>>41841805
Calve stretches allegedly help with shin splints. Are you really overweight? If so, you'll probably want to walk, swim or row until you're at a lower body weight so you don't destroy your joints.
>>
>>41841824
>stop when the pain starts.
Never going to make it.
>>
>>41841983

Because purposefully injuring yourself is how to make progress.
>>
>>41841976
I'm not overweight
>>
>>41842007

No because thats how you make gains, provided your not obese.

Everyone gets running pains, you run through them and after a week or two they go away. I started seriously running about a month ago and I can go 5k now without any serious discomfort chest and leg-wise
>>
>>41841805
Go to a podiatrist and get some orthotics.
My feet are flat as fuck, and my ankles are semi-rolled in on themselves (year round sports for 20 years), and one day, I just couldn't run anymore without getting shin splints. Orthotics *mostly* fixed that.
>>
>>41841805
when the pain starts run faster. Tell the pain to go fuck itself. He has no business hanging out in your legs and he is a massive attention whore cuck.
>>
>>41842039

Shin splints is a legitimate injury that won't go away if you try to run through it.

Whether OP actually has shin splints or just normal pain is obviously up for debate. Every new runner seems to think they are getting shin splints when really its just being out of practice.
>>
>>41842108
Is couch to 5k a good way to ease in? I found the first week too easy so I stopped
>>
>>41842183
are you serious

>I want to build a house
>I found framing walls too easy so I stopped
>>
>>41842191
pls no bully
>>
>>41842183
epic
>>
Shin splints are when your back leg muscles are stronger than the shin muscles. Strengthen the shin muscles by doing toe taps and other shin strengthening. It will relieve the pain and help tone your legs.
>>
>>41842355
>Strengthen the shin muscles by doing toe taps
I did these for 5 seconds and it started to hurt
>>
OP try new running shoes and if that doesn't work than you might have vitamin D deficiency.
>>
>>41842729
I've tried new running shoes
>>
>>41841805
stretch calves, strengthen anterior tibialis and calves, strike forefoot.
>>
>>41841805
>running for cardio like a nigger when bicycles were invented literally 200 years ago on the dot
>>
>>41844188
But I like running
>>
Stop heel striking, I garentee this is your issue
>>
>>41842007
I was aiming to run 5km and started hurting like hell at 3.5km but because i am not a pussy like you I made it.
>>
>>41841805
walk nigha
>>
File: 9512428.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9512428.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
for me I don't get pains WHILE running

but while recovering

then when I start running, it is painful for the first 2-3 minutes, and then the pain goes away

I have no idea how to deal with fucking shin splints. Maybe my form is completely fucked. I have been running for a year now (5k every other or third day).
>>
>>41844642
I'm 95% sure I'm not heel striking
>>
>>41842212
If it was so easy, why couldn't you just finish the program?
Don't be a faggot, otherwise we'll bully the crap out of you. Prove you don't suck.
>>
>>41846723
B-because I was doing the first week and it felt like I wasnt doing anything at all
>>
File: sleeves.jpg (130KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sleeves.jpg
130KB, 1024x1024px
compression sleeves and calf isolation exercises.
>>
>>41842108
I think it's different for everyone. My shin splints went away after I did some calf stretching. Turns out I just had some tight calves.
>>
>>41848603
What calf stretching?
>>
>>41848692
straight leg calf stretch and soleus muscle stretch
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.