[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be obese >eat a lot of kale and carrots until it becomes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

>be obese
>eat a lot of kale and carrots until it becomes inordinate to counteract the lack of meats.
>eat whites instead of yolks, pick them out.
>lost 8 lbs on diet and walking.
>job is demanding so I cant exercise that much.

What should I do /fit/? If I try starving myself by taking out more calories my brain stops functioning at work and study. Not the best computer programmer and I need this summer for studying so I can get a leg-up. I eat giant bowls of kale because it gives off a meaty texture.

Lost 8lbs in 2 weeks? Now I'm at a consistent weight.
>>
>>41837539
just cut calories
>>
>>41837551
Been trying to find out a way too. I feel more energetic and I'm refocusing my vices to be directed at comp sci and consuming knowledge (if that even makes sense).

I'm currently 285 from 293 so I don't even know if I'm doing alright.
>>
lift heavy, really heavy at home. you'll need less than 30 min.

or just do 2000 jumping jacks at home. you can crank that out in 40 min.

I do both, no dieting. best shape of my life
>>
>>41837539
>>41837558

yeah, no, your brain doesn't "stop functioning at work and study" if you eat calories near to what a normal person eats. get real.

stop enabling yourself. stop making excuses. you sound like a whiny baby. your progress is fine I guess, so keep doing what your doing but you need to change your attitude.
>>
>>41837571
Bad back makes me scared to lift heavy. 2k jumping jacks? Are you allowing yourself to stop or go by iterations? I think I can do that then go onto lifting if I can make my back more flexible.
>>
>>41837585
Just focus on walking every day, don't damage your already strained joints from being obese by doing strenuous exercise. Weight loss is going to be completely about your diet.
>>
>>41837583
No. I mean, running to several midterms I essentially fell and broke my arm - thus failing the tests while limping back home. I'm not cutting calories if it makes me tired as my grades won't take that hit.

Can't risk another accident.
>>
>>41837599
so you think it's healthy to stay at like 3000+ calories or whatever you're eating per day? I'm guaranteeing you that you aren't going to make it with your piss poor defeatist attitude. It doesn't even sound like you want this.
>>
>>41837611
If it runs counter to my gpa or comp sci knowledge for my current job, then yeah. I can't faint or trip over myself everytime I want to start making gains otherwise my very low funding becomes even lower given I'm supporting myself through college.

If I had the option, I would cut vegi calories.
>>41837598
Yeah my strained joints swell very rapidly. I think my only option is to ease into anything remotely strenuous.
>>
>>41837639
you really think you're going to faint from being in a caloric deficit? really? this belongs in a FPH thread lmao

I started at almost exactly where you did, and I liked to make excuses like you. I'm not going to argue or try to help someone who won't listen, but I hope you realize you won't make any progress by enabling yourself and making excuses for why you can't do shit.
>>
>>41837661
>3k calories

Not even really sure how to measure this. I just go by bowls of vegies + egg whites.
>>
Eat protein with your greens, ya goof

Eat chicken breast, eggs, pork, beef, fish, beans, etc. It will help keep you full much better than just eating a bunch of kale and also help maintain your muscle mass.

I don't know why people avoid meat when they're trying to lose weight and try to eat a bunch of unfulfilling salads. It's one of the best foods you can eat for lowering your body fat.

Really just avoid sugars and processed carbs. The yolks in eggs are not going to kill you, I eat them all the time and have blood pressure and cholesterol.
>>
>>41837661
Wait, actually I have a question.

Assume I'm eating a whole tomato, a medium bowl of kale, 2 bread slices + 3 egg whites with some carrots in a small bowl about the size of your fist.

What would I take out to make this efficient?
>>
>>41837712
>other anon says I should still keep losing calories from my diet.

I'm confused. I don't even think I have any muscle mass to maintain. Primarily eat errahh... egg whites, tuna, or whatever the hell qualified as leftovers only sparingly though in comparison to the former 2. I eat chic-peas if that counts, when I lack healthy meat or protein around.
>>
>>41837713
that is efficient, but it's not all you're eating all day lol
>>
>>41837712
>This
You don't need to limit yourself to vegetables man. Not only is most of this in your head, but your body isn't going to run well on just straight vegan shit. I've dropped 80 pounds then added 20lbs of lean mass over the past year by just following this kind of meal style.
>>41837726
And if you really want to start making a dent and seeing results in days rather than weeks, then you need to be serious about doing some lifting. As has already been said, heavy compounds.
>>
>>41837726
You do have muscle, everyone does, it's just hidden under the fat.

You want to maintain the muscle you do have so you don't end up looking like a skinny fat guy after you've lost the weight.

You could try a simple calisthenic exercises (push ups, squats, planks, bur pees, etc.)

They're simple and you can do them anywhere. It's all about building good habits, OP.
>>
>>41837735
What do you mean? I'm trying to get it down to three meals with this platform, only using mondays and tuesdays as cheat days so I can have incentive + energy boost.

Tho, thanks! I was hoping it was... something. It's hard to research specifics atm.>>41837740
Thing is I have no idea what's considered a healthy meat. Or protein. >>41837740
how heavy would I need to lift? And yeah, summer's the only "free" time I sort of have. I think I can manage around 1-2 hr of free time towards something other than studying and working and sleeping.
>>
>>41837599
>>41837639
Stop making excuses you piece of shit. Fuck. COUNT YOUR FUCKING CALORIES. Use mfp or whatever but stop being a bitch
>>
>>41837726
You have quite literally 0 clue about nutrition or how calories work. I've never seen someone so stupid in my life. Do some fucking research so you know what things like protein and calories are before you start asking for help.

it's not even complicated, nor do you need to "research" specifics... im sorry I just cant comprehend how you possibly know so little about basic things.
>>
>>41837765
Oh yeah I do 20 pushups (try to, then do sissy-ones because my fucking shoulder's still busted from that bad fall). Squats are... difficult. I tried but I only looked like a retard falling off of position trying to make a full squat.

>bur pess
A wut?

>good habits
I hear ya. I think things like that are a bit easier given I don't have to go out of my way researching each new dietary plan and what the hell each one does to matchup with my specific weight loss.
>>
>>41837809
you're literally a stereotype of a lazy obese person willing to put no work into their health...
>>
>>41837804
>mfp
Wut?

>>41837807
Yep. That's why I'm asking. My research pointed me towards a vegan diet as did my doctor after the last checkup. Not sure what your whinging on about anon.

It's pretty complicated. They're not basic things. Appreciate the feedback.
>>
>>41837829
wut??? SRY IM TOO BUSY TO GOOGLE ANYTHING LMAO
>>
>>41837829
Yes they are basic things lol I knew what a calorie was when I was like 5, have you never read a fucking nutrition label?
>>
>>41837853
>specifically stated vegan diet
>wut???

Dat reading comprehension man.
>>41837812
Good to hear.
>>
>>41837862
Kale doesn't grow with nutrition labels silly.
>>
>>41837809
Burpees, not bur pess, my mistake
>>
You're asking for help then refuting and making excuses with anyone offering advise. No wonder people hate fatties.

Replace your bread with chicken. Stop consuming so many vegetables and eat B A L A N C E D macros.

You're 100000% not just eating what you've stated per day. Drink water only. Stay away from anything sugary (that's probably why you've passed out desu not because of caloric dericit but because your sugar intake has been lowered)
>>
>>41837829
Are you just fucking trolling? Stop it. Eat meats/chicken. Count your fucking calorirs. Use an app!
>>
LOL everyone's falling for OP's low quality bait. Nobody is unironically this dumb, sage pls /fit/
>>
>>41837907
>lower calories one anon goes.
>raise calories with good meat another one goes.
>asks what is good meat.
>no answer

Eh. It's not really refutation. It's geniune curiosity honestly given these two people had different examples. There was even another guy who said it was best just to diet first prior to extensive workout.

But, I do like the trash-talk man, don't get me wrong. Hmm thanks mate. I actually don't really drink much sugars outside of water or caffine without milk. And that's only because I need water to get the caffene taste out.

>macros

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html

This?

Doc also stated to eat tuna (not all of it as you'll get mercury poison) anything with omega-3 fatty acid like salmon, shit expensive so I stick to tuna, beans... and that's the only things I can afford outside of egg-whites.

>100000%

Wait how so? I thought any weightloss from sedentary lifestyle would be something at least.
>>
File: 1497072953346.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1497072953346.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>be troll
>be fat ass
>google how to lose weight
>click first link
>some vegan bs
>doesn't sound appealing
>ask /fit/
>get basic info, eat less, move around, lift things
>complain about how this is hard
>still fat ass
>still can't lose weight

mfw
>>
>>41837913
Chicken is unhealthy anon. That's what the doctor said. Also, there are no labels on chicken.
>>
>>41837963
8 lbs is a pretty good start anon, I don't know about you.
>>
>>41837964
Go fuck yourself you piece of shit I hate you!
>>
>>41837959
legit nobody said you should raise calories at 300 pounds lmao. OP is delusional and this weight loss journey won't be successful, sorry.
>>
>>41837973
>this triggered
Honestly, this was all great advice. Thank you /fit/.
>>41837974

>chicken
>no chicken
>chicken tho

I'm starting to think you guys are trolling.
>>
>everyone above this line has been trolled
>>
>>41838030
>unironically retarded in proper foods
>ask earnestly at first
>then devolve to trolling after it became easy.

But, in all honesty, this is good advice, even if it's simplistic to the rest of /fit/. Thanks for extending this fatnon's life for several more yrs from the diabetus heartmurmurs.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.