[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here into rock climbing? I've heard that it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: c700x420.jpg (139KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
139KB, 700x420px
Anyone here into rock climbing?

I've heard that it's a great workout while also being a lot of fun.

I'm about to head over to my local rock climbing gym for the first time and do some bouldering. Any tips?
>>
>>41818979
It's fun, good for a starting body, good cardio and hits muscles you wouldn't otherwise but not a gym replacement. Bring talcum powder for your hands, they'll get sweaty.
>>
>>41818979
would love to get into it but the only bouldering/climbing gym around here is like 20 miles away and also $125 a month
>>
If you're autistic try and use an auto-belay device. That way you don't need someone on the ground to hold your rope when you climb.
>>
>>41819010
Fuck thats expensive. Are you sure its that much? I take it you're a burger? Do you even make that much a month?
>>
>>41819074
They're actually pretty fun once you get the hang of it. Just freaky at first for me because I didnt trust the technology.
>>
Would rock climbing be a good way of getting over my fear of heights?
>>
>>41819149
Not if you fall at the wrong angle, break your neck but are still conscious and nobody cares and continues walking around you cause you're a weird autistic faggot and you starve to death but not before a fat guy walks past your limp body and farts.
>>
>>41818979
It's really fun but it's a little tough to get into. I've been a few times with a dyel friend who does like v5s. I still only do like v1 and v2 beginner stuff while I try to get better at finger strength. Really good for your joints too because you have to even the weight out and balance it across your entire body
>>
>>41819149
I think so. I've only been climbing (mainly bouldering) a couple times and you gain confidence pretty quickly. Still afraid of falling but I don't get anxious just for being a couple meters above the ground like before.
>>
>>41818979
Buy own shoes fast. The rental stuff are usually really bad even when compared to entry level shoes.
>>
>>41819149
>>41819291
If you really want to get over your pussy fear, go skydiving. Once you land on the ground and realize you just fell out of a fucking plane and lived, you'll just need to then conquer your irrational fear of women and life
>>
>>41818979
buy your own shoes and climb frequently. use your legs, not your arms.
>>
>>41819459
Yeah, use your legs, but after V7-> it's mostly upper body strength what matters. You just can help the situation with good footwork. You need both, but still the arms are the key to success.
>>
>>41819368
I went skydiving and have bungee jumped, still afraid of heights idk why
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.