[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pretty sure I got sick from going to a convention. Sore-ish itchy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: C4mkSSWWYAAml3s.jpg (16KB, 342x301px) Image search: [Google]
C4mkSSWWYAAml3s.jpg
16KB, 342x301px
Pretty sure I got sick from going to a convention. Sore-ish itchy throat, mild fever, weak, coughing, nose is running, ears are kind of plugged, etc.
How do I get over this as fast as possible? I just wanna get back in the gym. Haven't been sick in years

I'm also still eating at a 500 cal deficit, should I stop that? Didn't know if I should have put this in qtddtot, sry in advance.
>>
>>41818054
rest alot, both physically and mentally, consume alot of fluids (water, tea), don't starve but don't stuff yourself full either, just eat until you're satiated, and try to stay away from heavy, greasy foods like burgers and pizza, etc.
Also sleep as much as you need to, and don't rush recovery or you'll just end up having to miss even more gym days.
>>
Just take as many of those vitamin C packs that you stir into water and effervescent tablets for colds as you can plus a bunch of Gatorade and you can throw some coffee and non-drowsy antihistamines into the mix. You'll be fine by tomorrow.
>>
Don't bother with any form of Tylenol. It doesn't reduce swelling, it's just a painkiller. You want IBUPROFEN not acetominophen.Take 800mg of Advil instead (that's 2 extra strength) 2x per day at least 6h apart. Should totally eliminate the swelling in your throat and sinuses so that you can breathe easy.

Drink lots of fluids. Sleep well. Don't fall for any meme herbal remedies like oil of oregano or echinacea or vitamin C.

Stay away from foods that take long to digest.
>>
>>41818054
i right there with you brah
i'm on that dayquil shit
>>
>>41818332
>325mg acetominophen x2
>10mg dextromethorphan x2
>5mg phenylephrine

The only useful ingredient in this DayQuil trash is the dextromethorphan. Which you wouldn't need anyway if you're taking IBUPROFEN to reduce swelling.

Take a Benylin Cough and Chest for better effects + Advil if you really need to.
>>
>>41818054
i find both dayquil and nyquil to help me feel better and rest easier. Without them, its pretty annoying to be awake and try to fall asleep.
But yeah, basically what everyone here is saying. The best result i get is when i drink a shit ton of water.
>>
>>41818100
gatorade is a meme
>>
>>41818454
>DayQuil
>NyQuil
Literally memes. NyQuil doesn't even contain a sleep aid.
>>
File: 1493022216203.jpg (56KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493022216203.jpg
56KB, 540x540px
>>41818054
DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS (2 JUGS ORANGE JUICE OR WATER A DAY MIN)
VITAMIN B50
TYLENOL

CURES IT IN A DAY
>>
Don't listen to these fucking retards. Let your fever kill whatever infection your body has...do not fight it unless it gets above 103. Stay hydrated, take extra vitamin c and d. Eat well and rest. Your body needs its
Strength to fight infection.
>>
File: 1ef0ivpibvqp.png (49KB, 144x139px) Image search: [Google]
1ef0ivpibvqp.png
49KB, 144x139px
>>41819068
>don't listen to these retards
>take vitamin c and d
http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/vitamin-c-for-common-cold#1

Yeah you should listen to this guy he obviously knows what he's talking about. Make sure to dry behind your ears, zip your jacket up, don't step on any cracks, and sleep on your back so the demons can't finger your butthole while you're vulnerable.
>>
File: 1497146913819.jpg (18KB, 454x484px) Image search: [Google]
1497146913819.jpg
18KB, 454x484px
Thanks for all the replies friendos
Gonna be spending this weekend in bed or on my couch then
>>
Fasting and sleep helps. Make sure to drink fluids too
>>
>>41818461
well then drink some saline, just get some fucking electrolytes you whore
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.