[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is seeking the aesthetic in such an ugly world morally justified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Michelangelo's David.jpg (323KB, 523x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Michelangelo's David.jpg
323KB, 523x1000px
Is seeking the aesthetic in such an ugly world morally justified or is it ultimately a pointless and vain pursuit that will not lead to happiness?
>>
If you can make the ugly world a little bit more aesthetic through your body, you are doing the world a favour.
>>
>>41817197
>Assumption overload.
Pursue that which ennobles yourself in your eyes. We must have goals. But achieving goals is for the feeling of accomplishment. Happiness doesn't even have to be a conscious goal let alone a primary one (hedonism).
>>
>>41817197

everithing is pointless, only thing that can create value is you.

you set vaules, you create meanings.

Aesthetic is one possibility.
>>
It's morally justified for me at least.
As a practicing Catholic I believe in God, and I believe he would like for me to be the healthiest I can be.
I believe he'd like for me to be proud of life, so I decided to get healthier.
Started at 200 pounds last summer now down to about 150.
manlet btw so I was obscenely fat, but it's getting better.
>>
>>41817944
How does jesus feel about you wasting time on 4chan?
>>
File: 1467242078733.gif (154KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467242078733.gif
154KB, 500x500px
>>41817197
>aesthetic

depends on definition.

if you think aesthetic is strutting trough rave festivals and impress teengirls then you will fail and enter misery.

if you think aesthetic is keeping the body in a shape that radiates dignity and health in all years of life you are on the right path.
>>
>>41817960
I don't know I spend about 1-2 hours here every day.
Could be much worse anon, some people spend their whole day on this site.
>>
>>41817197
>>41817250
Even from an idealist aesthetic standpoint (that is, beautiful=good) it isn't ethically (as all act on the public sphere) justifiable to put more effort into the "goodness" (read, beauty) of your own body than what you put into the good of the whole world. Yes, your body is a part of the world, but it is a tiny portion of what you can achieve with it in comparison of what you can socially do (thus affecting the world) through political acts or the creation of art works.
>>
>>41817989
Is comparing yourself to the worst really a good attitude towards life?
>>
>>41818002
>Is comparing yourself to the worst really a good attitude towards life?
Not necessarily, but I'm still young man(18 atm) what else do I have to compare it too?
I feel like a lot of people on /fit/ are in their mid to late 20's so they have more experience for which to compare their life too.
>>
>>41817975
what if I want both?
>>
>>41817197
It is morally justified on multiple levels of analysis, depending on your initial presuppositions.

Morality and ethics are what govern human society, if everyone acted in this way the society would be a better place. The universal maxim.

The process of obtaining an aesthetic physique teaches the individual that they must sacrifice in order to achieve their goals, more generally the process of setting and achieving goals. A society where everyone understands this will be more productive and produce a higher standard of living and cooperation.

This is important because the skills can transfer across multiple frames of reference, aiding in the fundamental struggle of setting order to chaos. Ordering your own biological structures is a very primal way of understanding such a concept.

Conquering dragon of your own chaotic nature gives you the tools and the confidence to conquer other dragons, this can be abstracted up to a societal level.
>>
Statue of David with more chest, lat, and striated quads is goat.
>>
>>41817944
Well said, anon. You were given two things at birth: your soul and your body. Free will being free will means you can do anything you want with them; grow fat, become a degenerate. But the true path to God is taking care of the only two things God will ever give you in life.
>>
Dude, wtf?
Just lift the fucking weights
What's so philosophical about it?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.