[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with a creeping sense of inadequacies/life failure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1497578470284.png (629KB, 539x767px) Image search: [Google]
1497578470284.png
629KB, 539x767px
How do you deal with a creeping sense of inadequacies/life failure in general?

I usually use the gym as a crutch and lift my way out of this feeling, but seeing things like this reminds me that I won't do everything I've wanted to as a kid before I'm old, although I can do maybe 1 or 2. These are all literal things I want to do minus the medical school part.

I'm not even american though am asian and always wanted to do things like check off joining special forces or going into space and sometimes fantasize about it.
>>
>>41814195
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Mars, and I have over 300 confirmed CASEVACs. I am trained in emergency medicine and I’m the top combat lifesaver in the entire Astronaut Candidate Corps. You are nothing to me but just another trauma patient. I will revive you with surgical precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this galaxy, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with dying on my watch? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of medical personnel across the solar system and your coordinates are being traced right now so you better prepare for surgery, maggot. The procedure that brings back the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’ve never been so healthy, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can heal you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in battlefield trauma, but I have access to the entire medical supply of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and I will use it to its full extent to resuscitate your miserable ass anywhere in the supercluster, you little shit. If only you could have known what advanced medical care your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying for Shuttle for Life, you goddamn idiot. I will apply tourniquets all over you and you won't bleed out because of them. You’re fucking alive and well, kiddo.
>>
You are asking for advice. Go to /adv/.

Deal with the fact that you will die someday, and do something you care about. Why aren't you doing that now anyway?
>>
>>41814195

How old are you?

I passed selection when I was 31, and it was my second time through. Anyway, my body is so fucked I live off disability and benefits payments from the VA. I complement that by working as a janitor. Think hard about joining the military.
>>
>>41814285
24. I'm not american though, in canada and they only recruit directly from those who enlisted for a few years. also special forces/military is incredibly small and everyone is a careerist compared to the US so not a lot of openings tend to happen.

i wish this country had a military culture because there's not much to do here cept work and die.

>>41814267
goodshit
>>
>>41814267
Kek'd/10
>>
>>41814195
Imagine you are on your deathbed, wheezing. You can hear death walking down the hall and eventually he will be at your room. What do you regret not doing the most?
>>
>>41814195
If he was white he would be cool, dude is straight up ugly as fuck.
>>
>>41814285
I have a question bro, how did you know you were ready for BUD/S fitness wise?

That's what stops most of us from committing, an insurmountable fear of washing out.
>>
>>41814493
If he was white he'd also just be pretty much every astronaut ever.
>>
>>41814195
He was also a MYTHBUSTER, top that bitches!
>>
>>41814487
me personally, right now shit i wouldn't do or people and girls i've brushed away due to immaturity or whatever previously but that's because i'm feeling particularly non-confident/not-happy right now.

probably in the long run i dunno. i think at some point you just kinda stop regretting because its pointless and understand things work out the way they would have given any other situation.
>>
>>41814517
It's an exercise I've found helpful in determining what direction to take and to get some perspective. No one looks back on their life as an old man and says "damn, if only I watched more television". I personally would regret not being at peak fitness at some point during my youth so that is why I lift.

You can apply it to anything. Will I look back and regret not taking this trip, asking that girl out, taking a certain career path, etc. You only have so many tomorrows before you'll be lowered in the ground.
>>
File: 1494121040000.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494121040000.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>41814667
Not the guy you're responding to but I share the same exercise.

I never got involved in anything in high school and that is something I deeply regret. I wish I should have done swim team and then became a pararescueman in the Air Force after highschool.

The fear and anxiety I get thinking about 'would've, could've, should've' excuses is enough to motivate me to do time-dependent things.

That's why now that I am transferring to a uni, I'm going to fucking work out like crazy, join a frat, and join the military through ROTC. Just go all out!
>>
>>41814957
Godspeed anon, you're going to make it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.