[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can OHP contribute to a "blocky" physique? When I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

Can OHP contribute to a "blocky" physique?

When I was OHPing today at a new gym I'm trying out, they have mirrors (bad) at the racks, so I was seeing my first OHP in the mirror for the first time.

I noticed that my body looked like a fucking block when I was OHPing.

Now I'm starting to think all this standing free-weight barbell training has contributed to me having a blocky physique because the center of my body must get bigger in order to support free weighted movements.

If I was to switch to doing everything seated and use dumbbells, or even machines stuck in a fixed motion, wouldn't that allow for a V-taper type body, since my core wont be being activated anywhere near as much?

Any ideas?
>>
You're probably just fat as fuck or have a wide waist
>>
post a pic of your bod
>>
>>41813689
>>41813702
BRB I'll take some pics. but yes I think I do have a very wide waist for my height.
>>
File: IMG_063.jpg (229KB, 1392x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_063.jpg
229KB, 1392x948px
>>41813702
kay here
>>
>>41813819
you kind of just have a weird looking body bro. not meant to be insulting, just is what it is, you have feminine curves desu
>>
>>41813819
Fat + wide waist/hips
>>
>>41813819

you look like you have lats but you have 0 delts (dunno if its because of fat) and also love handles fucking you over.
>>
>>41813819

Holy shit what the fuck is that dude you need to either massively increase your pat/shoulder size or cut until your lovehandles are gone god damn
>>
Man, you should really diet down. You're at like 35% bf, that's no good
>>
>>41813825
>>41813836
>>41813840
>>41813841
>>41813850

I'm 5'7 and 185lbs, waist is 40 inches.

How fucked am I?

I can't imagine ever being aesthetic with this fucked up body. I can't imagine it at all.

I feel like I have autism genetics or something.
>>
>>41813819
Your aesthetics are unfortunate bro. You need to cut to fix your middle, and once you're done with your cut, do a clean bulk and a hypertrophy regimen that focuses on lats and shoulders.

But you're never going to hit "dorito mode" like Arnold, so once you even out by building shoulders, back and lats, go fridge mode, get your core as strong as you can while clean bulking,
>>
>>41813862

honestly man your body looks like it has the potential but you just need to cut. if you cut down to like 155ish you would look alot better then you could lean bulk imo.
>>
>>41813850
What should my body-weight be at 5'7? Currently 185lbs.

Also, how come I look so much fatter from the front, then I do the side? It makes no sense.
>>
>>41813876
how long have you been lifting?
>>
>>41813862
You're never going to achieve Arnold or Zyzz, trust me, I'm a manlet with your same hips.

Your best look is going to be stump or maybe fridge, get as much mass on your shoulders as possible and build your core muscles out to continue that line straight down from your shoulders to your hips. Wide hips on a man with a thin waist is not a good look unless you wanna go trap.
>>
File: IMG_064.jpg (212KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_064.jpg
212KB, 1280x960px
>>41813890
Couple years

>>41813905
I don't want to be a fucking fridge mode though :(. Why can't we all just have narrow waist and all that?

WHY DID I HAVE TO GET SUCH SHITTY GENETICS
>>
>>41814016

you're not doomed, you'll just have to work harder and hit specific areas more than other people. the fat you have atm isn't helping though, first of all you need to cut down because those love handles aren't helping
>>
>>41814016
Haha, gross.
>>
>>41814016

You need to clean up your diet and lose weight. Cut the alcohol, cut the sugar, cut all the bullshit you have lovehandles which 100% can go away your hips aren't even that wide
>>
Memes aside, what kind of routine would /fit/ suggest I do since I have naturally fucked proportions?

I've done all kinds of routines but never really focused on training any specific body-parts more than others. I've generally tried to make everything even.

>>41814059
REEEEEEEEEEEE MUH GENETICS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I JUST WANT A NORMIE BODY.
Aside from losing like 20-30lbs, what should I do in regards to training. I can do 1/2/3/4 for all for 6-8 reps depending on the day, but those base strength goals obviously haven't done much in terms of aesthetics. Should I just run a bro-split or something?

I'm pretty fucking lost for what to do atm, besides lose fat.
>>
>>41814072
I don't drink alcohol at all, never have (religious reasons).

Which makes me more annoyed because I have a fucking meme "beer gut" without actually ever having ever consumed alcoholic. NICE.

I guess maybe that disproves the beer gut meme?
>>
>>41814101
Do you actually want real MayMays put aside?

You have shit genetics and should give up lifting and do something else with your life.

Sorry mate but that's the truth, you don't even have average genetics, you have bottom of the barrel Bloho tier genetics.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.