[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys do olympic lifts in commercial gyms? I want to learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: SueTUGK.jpg (662KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
SueTUGK.jpg
662KB, 1600x2400px
Do you guys do olympic lifts in commercial gyms? I want to learn them but I've literally never seen anyone do it at my gym
>>
>>41808632
there is a guy in my gym who comes in wearing a unitard, $200 lifting shoes, and does clean and jerks and clean and presses

he indisputably looks better/stronger from an educated perspective than every single other person at the gym, and he is the only one who does these
>>
>>41808632
Yes, from time to time. They do have the Eleiko trainer platforms though, with big crossfit weights. I train quite seldom at this gym nowadays though, mainly at my second gym which is an old school basement gym with weightlifting blocks and so on.

I do assume quite a few people glance and find it annyoing when I jerk etc, but people usually looked while I was powerlifting as well, so...
>>
I do but Ive never seen anyone else do it though, people generally just ignore me. Although I originally learn at a weightlifting club where its far more fun to lift
>>
if there's no real weightlifting coach (crossfit doesn't count), no bumper plates, no lifting platform, you're not supposed to do them.
>>
I will occasionally see some guy do clean & jerk in my commercial gym.
>>
I do cleans and all the deadlifting fags around me give me dirty looks
>>
>>41808632
mirin tattoos
>>
>>41808632
I'm doing power cleans no problemo
>>
>>41808632
There's a little lifting platform with bumper plates there. It's empty most of the time.

Wish I could do powercleans but my left wrist mobility is absolutely shit.
>>
>>41808632
You need a coach
>>
>>41808632
Most commercial gyms aren't equipped with the platforms or bumper plates. I had to switch to a PL/Oly gym. Ironically, I try not to drop the bar from overhead as it draws a fair bit of attention.

The easiest way is to go to a Crossfit gym. Ask if there's an upcoming weightlifting training session. Try to find a PL gym, find instructors and ask them if they know oly coaches. There may be posters or ads for upcoming training sessions.
>>
I occasionally do cleans and snatches but only as conditioning work. Most I will ever clean is about 80 kilos and I'm sure my form sucks but I don't care an awful lot.
>>
>>41808632
I switched from OHP to the clean and press and saw immediate strength and forearm gains. Can't really do any others since no rubber pl8s like others mentioned.
>>
>>41808632
You can practice a number of these lifts with dumbells first, to get the motion down without looking like you're practicing 80-year-old-asian-lady calisthenics.

Hang (squat) clean master race, reporting in.

On that note, if you work at a weight that's not going to send your discs into orbit, most of the exercises can be performed as the hang variety in a commercial gym with power equipment and a little space. Just don't drop without bumpers, obvi.
>>
Diane is a badass and a great coach
>>
>>41811669
White knight cuck
>>
not proper equipment or floor to do it on mine
>>
>>41808632
I do Cleans and Push Press and incline bench instead of deads and bench for rugby training
>>
Obligatory video for this thread https://youtu.be/_drttm5r66A
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.