[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: general rowing thread Guys what sport should I do in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>ITT: general rowing thread

Guys what sport should I do in college? I could become a powerlift fag but I'm considering joining the rowing fraternity and try to become a race rower here (the best 20 freshmen out of 130 guys get selected for that)
>>
Just drink a lot of beer and don't give a fuck about fitness. It's college, all that maggots is your grades and how many girls you fuck.
>>
You posted this before and someone asked, which I agree with, what's a rowing frat? Is there a basketball frat? Football frat? Soccer frat? It doesn't sound right. It also doesn't sound like, if it's a competitive team, like you can just walk on and join the team slash frat. This doesn't make any sense man.

Also, what, you can only do one sport? That also doesn't make any sense. Rowing also mandates supporting exercises like weightlifting. Idk man you're not making any sense, but I don't know why someone would shitpost this.

t. Stroke seat
>>
>>41806064
Here in the netherlands we have student clubs, which are basically equivalent to fraternities in the US. At the club I want to join (Laga) there is a clear distinction between two categories of rowers: competition rowers and race rowers.
It is a fraternity in the sense that there are a lot of social activities organized for its members and lots of drinking and fun is involved, but rowing and winning is still the main focus.

Competition rowers train once or twice a week and party a lot
Race rowers train 6 or 7 times a week and drink no alcohol (unless they win)

I'm considering joining and going for race rowing, to get the most out of my fitness level, but on the other hand, competition rowing doesn't sound that bad either.

The main problem I have is that I've powerlifted this year and made quite some gains, and I'm scared to lose those gains if I focus solely on rowing
>>
>>41806136
you'll get social gains to compensate? Nothing beats the feeling of comradeship and victory with your friends/teammates/person I hate but will die for because he's on my side
>>
>>41806064
I should add that in order to become a race rower (the most competitive team of the club/frat) you have to be selected in the introduction period. A special "freshmen race selection" or "first years selection" is made where only people can get in that have never race rowed before.
A distinction is obviously made between lightweight and heavyweight.
Currently I'm 6"0 tall and I weigh 172pounds, which could prove to be troublesome, since heavyweight rowers are most like 2 inches taller than me, but lightweight rowing could prove to be impossible to maintain for a whole year. I got the whole summer to train for the selection, should I want to do it anyways, since the introduction period will start in septembre
>>
>>41806136
>>41806256
Club would be the best term to use here as a frat is more specific than this, but thanks for the explanation it cleared a few things up.

It sounds like one is more focused on the sport and winning against other teams, and the other is more about using the sport as an exercise to suppliment your fitness regimen. Both will be social. I guess it's up to you to decide what your in it for.
>>
>>41805986
>rowing fraternity
Lmao. Join a fraternity founded by confederates. Then if you go to school at LSU or UT, join the Powerlifting team. Anything else is a waste of time if members on your team don't go to IPF competitions.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.