[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has becoming /fit/ helped you forget about her? >just over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1351107810960.jpg (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1351107810960.jpg
39KB, 250x250px
Has becoming /fit/ helped you forget about her?

>just over two months since I had to break up with fiancee
>her cheating ass immediately had a new relationship
>still struggling daily in a life without her

I've spent a lot of time since then improving myself, making great gains and getting in shape again, but... I'm still so miserable.
I have the discipline, but none of the motivation.

Does it ever get better, /fit/?
>>
It gets better with time. Though you need discipline for that too.
Whenever you have invasive thoughts about her, focus on something else.
Don't compare your life to hers.
Don't stay in touch with her.
Don't think of the past, think of the short term future.
Also, you'll never forget but the pain goes away.
Sometimes something will trigger a memory, it's shit but it happens.
Little by little you get better until you can barely remember her face.
>>
Me becoming /fit/ helped HER not to forget about me
>>
I first got really into fitness because when I started working out I was struggling with a breakup, a friend wanted a workout buddy and twisted my arm in into joining him. Afterwards I realised that during those 60 mins or whatever I didn't think about her, I was focused on the workout and everything else drifted to the background - it gave me a reprieve from the sadness I was feeling.

That's what made me keep going and I eventually started seeing results and became addicted to seeing changes in myself, I learned discipline and for the first time in my life actually stuck to something.

I'm well over her now. I'm single but I've learned the value in not depending on other people to be happy. The gym still offers me solace in fact I went to the gym the day my Dad died just to give myself 90 mins where the pain and losss was slightly numbed by focusing on the workout.

The answer is to some degree yes. But I do it for myself always - was never for her or anyone else.The only thing that ever heals is the passage of time OP.
>>
>>41805022
It takes me about 1-2 years to forget about someone I loved.
It varies from person to person.
>>
>>41805179
>tfw you'll never be enough in her eyes
>>
>>41805022
>was going to marry the type of girl who would cheat

how do you have such bad judgment

it's almost 2020, marriages do not last and do not have any point to begin with
>>
File: IMG_1909.png (97KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1909.png
97KB, 1024x576px
>>41806526
This OP.

Rise above, focus on science
>>
I'm 3 months out almost. I still dream about her. About what she did to me, the thoughtless bitch. In all regards I am better off, but she was my first everything and I spent three years with her, almost the entirety of college and she dumps me a month before graduation, hooked up with someone right after too.

Church has helped, but I can't shake the hate. Only started lifting 8 months ago, and she judged me for it lmao. The gym let's me turn the hate into something productive and I even forget about it for a little while.

I keep lifting. She will let her body rot and count a biweekly jog as exercise. I keep a strict diet. She will keep shoveling herself full of everything because "she likes good food too much". And she'll do to this poor fuck what she did to me, and what she did to the last guy. Keep moving OP.
>>
>>41805022
I felt this way about my ex for months. It sucks and it keeps hurting for some time. Stick with the self improvement though. The feeling passes but you'll stay a better person forever.

Do NOT fall for the 'we'll still be friends' meme. If you haven't already tell her you need space and you'd prefer not to talk/call/text for a while. By for a while you mean forever, but she doesn't need to know that right now.

You'll either find someone new in a while or you won't. Either way you'll be happiest when you're the best version of you you can be.
>>
File: 67b.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
67b.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>41805022
It hasn't
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.