[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear fellow /fit/izens I need your help. I have had a weird

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: shoulderpain.png (182KB, 218x422px) Image search: [Google]
shoulderpain.png
182KB, 218x422px
Dear fellow /fit/izens

I need your help.
I have had a weird pain in my right shoulder for around 10 days.

Today I was benching and I really felt the uneasiness. The pain is located as shown in pic related, in the front, middle part of the shoulder.

I know its a bit of a vague description but what could this be? Any of you ever had this problem?

A friend of mine suggested that it might be a knot that would go away with a massage.
Help a bro in need.
>>
File: 1495631074143.png (25KB, 108x113px) Image search: [Google]
1495631074143.png
25KB, 108x113px
It's a rotator cuff issue, most likely. Benching is bad for your shoulders even with careful form. Stop it for two or three weeks, try again, see what happens. If you fuck up your shoulders don't say you weren't warned, and it's a fucking shitty injury to have
>>
>>41798416
I am doing a strength training where I bench 3 times a week. Should I really stop?
>>
>>41798426
It's up to you, but I wouldn't fuck around with shoulder or knee pain. They're delicate, they're a bitch to recover, and they involve pretty much any lift you can do.
>>
>>41798426
Three times a week? Post your routine pls.
>>
>>41798443
You are right indeed, I just don't want to interrupt the training... Doing strength because I reached my plateau for bench and squats.
I was hoping proper stretching would fix this.
>>41798458
Okay so its a 6 week program, 5 days a week.
Here's how it goes:
First monday is bench and squat 6x6
First tuesday is deadlift 5x6 and ohp 6x2
First wednesday bench and squat 6x6
First thursday deadlift 5x6
First friday is bench and squat 5x5

And so on starting again on Monday.
So basically, 6x6,6x6,5x5,5x5,4x5,4x5,3x6,3x6,2x6,2x6,1x3,1x3 for the three compounds
>>
Is your benching form on point? I've had something similar few years ago and it was due to terrible form. Rippletits youtube video saved me tho:
https://youtu.be/4T9UQ4FBVXI
>>
>>41798509
Yeah I have seen Mark videos and I think they are great.
I thought the form might be the problem but I keep my shoulder blades pinched and the bar always touches the chest at the bottom, slightly below the nipple.
>>
File: 1464755908293.jpg (144KB, 1080x794px) Image search: [Google]
1464755908293.jpg
144KB, 1080x794px
>>41798162
See >>41798416 and eventually try pic related to get around it. As pointed out earlier check form when you get back to main movement and your push/pull difference (should be similar for healthy shoulders. You might lack one way).
I never followed the specific numbers in the picture, just do what feel ok.
>>
OP here. Just wanted to add that it's so weird because it hurts more when doing bench rather than when doing over head press.
>>
Maybe you need to do this, helped me a lot:

https://youtu.be/U1hIHwLsiq8
>>
>>41798573
Thanks anon, I will try and do better targeted stretching.
>>
>>41798590
It can be good to have more than one band. 41 and 42 in the picture were my weak spot and it felt like the shoulder were going to explode while some of the others were easy.
Just keep in mind it is for rehab purposes, so take it easy.
>>
>>41798162
I had a similar issue as well, what really helped me was re-evaluating my form. Make sure you're puffing your chest out/up when benching and keeping your scapulae back and tight. Also try slightly rotating your shoulder joint clockwise.

Which this has just been my experience, and what helped me so it's kinda broscience, but yeah also do what other anons are saying and take a break, shoulder injuries are a bitch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI
>>
I haven't had many shoulder issues, but had a couple times where i had pains. Since i've been doing proper face pulls before every workout as a warm up and properly warming up every single time i've had none
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.