[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /fit/ revere this man so much? He is a fat piece of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Chubbywubby.jpg (246KB, 1800x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Chubbywubby.jpg
246KB, 1800x1198px
Why does /fit/ revere this man so much? He is a fat piece of shit why are we following his workout program? This is like asking Boogie for diet advice. BAKA
>>
>>41793601
Because they have no friends and rippetoe is like a father figure to them
>>
>>41793601
>Why does /fit/ revere this man so much?
Because he wrote a book that we can point newbies to which answers all their questions that they had or didn't even know they had about strength training
> He is a fat piece of shit why are we following his workout program?
Not all of us are, but it's a good place to start.
> This is like asking Boogie for diet advice.
False analogy. Asking Boogie for diet advice is retarded because he is fat. Asking Rip about workout advices not retarded because he is 50-60 years old and pulls 5 plates, has had a fuckton of shoulder surgeries yet can bang out 20 pullups.
>BAKA
No u
>>
>>41793659
>has had a fuckton of shoulder surgeries
On that point, why should we follow someone who can't keep himself save?
>>
>>41793601
>why are we following his workout program
You're not that's the issue. Instead you post 10 threads with questions his book answers perfectly
And then 10 threads whining why you don't progress
>>
>>41793680
He got his shoulders fucked because when he was young he was an autistic powerlifter who only did bench. Naturally, he created a shoulder imbalance and snapped his shit up. Now he advocates for benching as much as pressing
He is like Jesus anon, he took one for the team so we don't have to
>>
>>41793601
Because his routine gives beginners a necessary amount of strength so they can successfully start an intermediate program. Whatever your goal is you gotta be strong if you want to get results from lifting weights.
>>
>>41793709
>autistic powerlifter
>only did bench

But 2/3rds of powerlifting are not bench. What kind of powerlifter would only do 1/3rd of competition lifts?
>>
>>41793748
Not that anon but i think he means Rip only did bench and zero OHP.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>41793748
>>
>>41793601
He is pretty silly for someone so seasoned at "coaching" as he is. If anything he's brilliant at marketing himself and his brand.
People treat his book and his words as gospel. But it is his following/fan base is actually what makes it bad.
The Worst: it has been 4 years and people haven't grown out of it, not even the slightest. I can't wrap my head around this.It literally took the time I spent reading his books to do it, and I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Anyone that simply parrots anything that resembles his ideology/methods/techniques is be promptly considered an illiterate, their opinion disregarded any attempt of serious discussion is discouraged.
>Anon you really hate the man
Not really I even read/watch his stuff sometimes, but fuck I'm not stupid like some people here, which BTW haven't read anything past his books.
>>
>>41793709
Wasn't it a motorcycle accident?
>>
He can do 18 pullups, the exercise that fatties complain about the most.
>>
>>41793601
He looks drunk, does rip have a booze problem? Or is he just a man?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.