[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No alcohol thread for those of us who have decided to give up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

No alcohol thread for those of us who have decided to give up drinking.

How is it going? How long has it been? Why did you stop?

Im curious as to if most of you consider yourself alcoholics or you gave it up for other reasons. Do you think youll start drinking again at some point in your life?

Ive been sober for 167 days. I needed to focus on my life and school and get my shit together and alcohol was nothing but a moneywaster and a distraction. Im not sure if i consider myself an alcoholic. I definitely had a problem with alcohol which is why i needed to stop altogether. Id like to think that one day i can reintroduce alcohol into my life in a responsible way, but idk if i really believe that. Admitting that i wont ever get to drink again is kinda scary, i think part of me knows this is the case but im not ready to accept it.

Id like to hear other peoples' stories.
>>
I get drunk only once a month now.

I cant drink like I used to. 15-21 i could drink all day and night. 24 now, when I get drunk now Im shot as fuck for two days and can barely eat.

Fucks with my gains if I drink more than that
>>
wanna go for a crisp, fresh, delicious, 28 degrees cold beer?
>>
>>41790610
I go out and get drunk probably like once every 2 weeks to a month. It doesn't really affect me so I've never considered stopping
>>
>>41790610
>Why did you stop?

i never started. drank when i turned 21, never liked how it made me feel so I never started.

the whole getting shitfaced and losing control of yourself never ever appealed to me
>>
>>41790665
Drinking one of these right now. Actually pretty good
>>
Had a problem drinking which is what got me fat in the first place. Cut down and tried to stick to light beer or liquor on Friday's once I started cutting and tried to fit it into my deficit. Learned I can't control my self and either end up drinking too much or eating a slice of pizza out of pure bad drunk decision making. Recently stopped drinking entirely since it always fucks up my weekly gains. Hasn't been so far but we'll see in a couple weeks.
>>
>>41790610

I smoked weed regularly. I hate the taste of alcohol, but I can respect its socializing effects. The hangovers and unnecessary calories and the lowering of testosterone though are the nails on the coffin. I once went to a wedding where they had unlimited alcohol and I drank myself to passing out because after a couple drinks I stopped keeping track of how much I was actually drinking, but except that I don't really partake regularly.

I'm not social though, kind of an introvert (who isn't on 4chan :P). Once I strive to be more social I'll drink to a buzz but I won't get blackout drunk.
>>
>>41790610
Well in my case, drink so much you end up in the ER and after that the smell of alcohol makes you want to throw up
>>
>tfw dad finally went to rehab and quit drinking
>>
>>41790728
Do you think youll ever reintroduce alcohol at some point or are planning on being sober for life?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.