[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are days where I walk around for hours, I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: weight vest.jpg (7KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
weight vest.jpg
7KB, 194x259px
There are days where I walk around for hours, I've been thinking about getting an adjustable 30kg vest to train my back and core whilst doing this. Is this advisable?
>>
>>41789605
I mean, you could easily wear one under a bulky sweater and nobody would know your power level, so you wouldn't be "that weirdo who walks around in a weighted vest"
>>
File: 1496620672341m.jpg (62KB, 1024x772px) Image search: [Google]
1496620672341m.jpg
62KB, 1024x772px
Just get a plate carrier and walk around in the hood for both protection and core training as well as fat burning adrenaline boosts from dodging drive-bys
>>
>>41789605
Vests are nice but 30kg is pushing it. If you're going to do it regularly then you should use a lighter weight so you don't fuck yourself up. Yeah people backpack with that much, but that's just once in a while, unless you're infantry in which case just say bye to your joints.
>>
>>41789736
How much is an acceptable weight then? 20kg?

Also, I'm thinking that since it's adjustable it only makes sense to get the heaviest they have, as I can always just take the weight off.
>>
>>41789605
Are you trying to achieve Rock Lee mode
>>
>>41789618
Do you even realize how hot it is, m8? It's the fucking Summer.
>>
>>41790188
I'm from Mexico and I'll be living in the UK, which isn't particularly known for its hot weather.
>>
If you wanna look like you have a suicide bomb vest on go for it.
>>
>>41790215
With a sweater, or a hoodie, or a jacket I don't think it would be particularly noticeable. Especially since I have a very big build (I'm 194cm)
>>
>>41789605
it would be extremely painful
>>
>>41790296
for you
>>
>>41789605
adjustable is fine but load up slowly

This is basically a fat person simulator
>>
>>41789605

Don't forget to randomly yell ALLAHU AHKBAR in crowded places
>>
>>41790322
I used to be morbidly obese so I think I'll be able to cope with it from a strength standpoint. I'm more concerned about fucking up my joints and back though
>>
Chainmail vest. Doesn't get too hot in the summer and it's comfortable enough for daily wear. The modern ones are only about 5 lbs, go for a 10lb design with bigger rings. Also protects you against being stabbed better than a "stab vest".

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but someone who used to post on 4chan by the name Son of Liberty used to wear chainmail to his law school classes. That ended when he chopped up his neighbor and put her remains in a garbage bin.
>>
>>41789605
i have a 40lb and a 120lb weighted vest

ive never tried to wear it under clothes for everyday activities, but i used to go for 10 mile runs with the 40lb one and my joints are fine

i would say you could definitely do it, but if you keep it on for a long enough time it will make you very tired so work up and be prepared to take it off partway through the day if it is becoming too much for you at first

just a side note: when you wear a sweater make sure it is like 2 or 3 sizes too big because you will most likely look like you have football pads on

>mine could be seen when i was wearing many sweatshirts over top, but they were fairly tight fitting
>i always felt like fat albert running down the street

also it should be a given, but wear some kind of shirt underneath or you will chafe
>>
Rip joints
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.