[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fat has 9 calories per gram >muscle mass is 4 calories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: graph_energy_scale.gif (10KB, 475x252px) Image search: [Google]
graph_energy_scale.gif
10KB, 475x252px
>fat has 9 calories per gram
>muscle mass is 4 calories per gram
>1lbs of fat is therefore calorie equivalent to 2.25lbs of muscle
>it is also a well known fact that during your newbie gains phase it is perfectly possible to burn fat and build muscle simultaneously

Does the above mean that in some cases it is possible to gain weight even when eating at a deficit? Obviously this wouldn't apply to experienced lifters.
>>
....no
>>
>>41787118
You can't gain weight while in a deficit. You can however, theoretically, increase weight but decrease bodyfat percentage. This happens to male teens and maybe the dudes with top genes when they start lifting and eating in a slight surplus.
>>
>>41787656
Don't think you need top genes to increase weight and decrease body fat % with noob gains
>>
File: sf.png (577KB, 616x495px) Image search: [Google]
sf.png
577KB, 616x495px
will eating at a deficit and eating good fats etc eventually fix ones face fat distribution? have a face like the guy on the top right, how get rid of the sagging and lines?
tired of looking like a zombie
>>
If you eat at a deficit, you will lose weight. This is basic physics. However, as another anon said, as a newbie it is feasible to burn fat and gain muscle, just at a much slower pace than you will be losing weight in general.
>>
>>41787755
How to eat at deficit
>>
>>41787773
Eat less than you burn in a day.
>>
>>41787742
How does one make a transition like this?
Currently built like top rights before pic
>>
>>41787819
dedication

once you start doing you build a habit, then it will become routine
>>
>>41787819
>>41787846
but how do you not get wrinkles/get rid of them like the other guys
>>
>>41787882
By lifting while losing weight, that way there's something to fill the empty space. That and by doing a slow weight loss, and not a rapid 28 day water fast meme.
>>
>>41787118
Mass =/= kcal density
>>
>>41787901
What's the best exercises for face gains to fill in my baby face?
>>
>>41787901
> doing a slow weight loss
what if my bmi is underweight but im a weak skinnyfat fuck? the guy in that pic is cut but i want to heal the lines on my face
mine r identical to his
>>
>>41787118
muscle is also water, so 1-2 cal/g

dat sarcoplasmic hypertrophy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.