[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My schedule is fucked and I can only get to the gym to lift 1x

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tfw.png (221KB, 450x379px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
221KB, 450x379px
My schedule is fucked and I can only get to the gym to lift 1x per week. I can do cardio and calisthenics, but lifting is unfortunately limited.

What should I do on my 1 lifting day to make the most of it? I'm planning on hitting the barbell compounds, but should I do more volume to make up for the infrequency?
>>
>>41781072
>should I do more volume to make up for the infrequency?
It depends on your goals
>>
Buy a barbell
>>
>>41781072
Don't make fun of Ian you dog
>>
>>41781079
Fair enough. I need to lose some fat and I'd like to lift to build up some muscle to help me keep fat off, make daily life a little easier by being stronger, and hopefully looking less like shit once I'm at a lower bodyfat percantage.

Basically, I'm trying to get healthier and less weak.

My goals aren't 1/2/3/4 or anything like that. In terms of strength, I'd ideally like to be able to squat my bodyweight for reps and deadlift more than that.
>>
>>41781139
Also, I don't expect:
>squat my bodyweight for reps and deadlift more than that
Any time soon, especially if I'm only lifting 1x per week. So I guess my initial goal is still just getting healthier and less weak until I can lift more often.
>>
>>41781139
>>41781150
In that case, you don't necessarily need to increase the volume. Most what you'll need to do will be done in the kitchen, not the gym. If you hit the big 3 on your 1 day a week, then aim for strength and do a 5x5 or 3x8. Be sure to eat high protein that day and the day after, and definitely count your calories through the rest of the week. Increasing volume will pump your muscles up to be larger, which won't necessarily make you look any better if you're still fat.
>>
>>41781194
Got it, that sounds like a plan to me. Thanks, bud.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.