[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, fatfuck here. I have a question though I've read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hey /fit/, fatfuck here. I have a question though I've read the sticky I've lurked and I'm ready to commit however right now I can only afford either a gym membership or invest in a quality diet.

I'm 6'2 270 and the goal right now is just to lose around 40-50 pounds of fat and just build on muscle as I go. However like I said I can only really afford one or the other (there is only anytime fitness and the YMCA where I live). Is it viable to rely on body weight exercise and save up for free weights as I go?

If so what are some great body weight routines that you guys would recommend? Thanks for any help or suggestions.
>>
Need more info on your finances.

How much can you spend on food per month?

How much can you spend on the gym membership?
>>
>>41778242
Full run down is as follows.

1,980 gross income a month (paid bi-weekly)

With bills being 1,320 (Car, utilities, rent, insurance, phone, this does not include gas though which would likely be an additional 160 a month)

For a remainder of 250 each check give or take.

Right now my main source of food is from where I work at (I'm a dept. manager at a mcdonalds so I can get a free meal, which I would start opting for a salad w/ grilled chicken and only balsamic or Italian to help with costs) I would need to start clipping coupons though to see how much I would spend on actual groceries.

In regards to the gym the YMCA is around 45 a month, so while it isn't bad it isn't great either although it has more weight lifting options than anytime fitness (lifting platforms etc.). I'm pretty sure anytime fitness is either the same price or slightly cheaper I would have to setup an appointment though to find out.

Sorry for the slow response only have a phone to type this up.
>>
put the money towards a diet
Doing calisthenics instead of gym probably isn't as bad as eating mcdonalds
>>
>>41778407
Fitness is 90% dirt and 10% lifting so worry about what you eat. See if you can slowly save enough for some 20-30lb dumbbells and workout at home, until then do some basic calisthenics and cardio. We're all gonna make it brother.
>>
>>41778480
Diet* not dirt
>>
>>41778200
>I've read the sticky I've lurked yet I still managed to miss the fat thread and decided my huge ass needs to take up an entire thread of its own
>>
>>41778407
A single person can easily eat healthy on $300/month. You're just buying eggs, ground beef, broccoli, butter, and salads. I think you can do both.
>>
File: zod.jpg (24KB, 350x477px) Image search: [Google]
zod.jpg
24KB, 350x477px
>>41778493

No, you were right the first time.

>t. guy who sells useless diet books
>>
>>41778407
You can afford to eat healthy mate.

>$6 for 30 eggs - should use them in a week.
>$3 for a gallon of milk - should use that in a week.
>$90 will give you a large serving of meat each day if you eat pork, chicken and cheap ground beef.
>$20 Should buy enough frozen greens (peas, broccoli) for a month.

It would be even cheaper if you use the free meal at your work to supplement your diet.
Only eat the grilled chicken options, don't drink soda, don't eat the chips.

Average day should be:
>3 egg omelette for breakfast. Under 350kcal if you don't drown it in sauce and cheese.
>Grilled chicken salad with a vinaigrette dressing. 350kcal.
>Half pound of meat, pan fried with no added oil, and a bunch of peas/broccoli. Under 800kcal. 1000kcal if you cook rice with it.

You should be able to eat each month for $100-150, depending on if you use your free meal or not.
>>
>>41778200
you don't need a gym membership to exercise and you don't need a lot of money to eat healthy.

Stop enabling yourself you stupid useless oxygen thief. Nothing is holding you back but yourself. Not your money, not anything else. It doesn't take money to eat less or to eat healthy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.