[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking to do LASIK eye surgery, anyone else had it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Lasik2.gif (25KB, 375x251px) Image search: [Google]
Lasik2.gif
25KB, 375x251px
I'm thinking to do LASIK eye surgery, anyone else had it?
How much should I wait after the surgery until I can start lifting again?
Is PRK any better?
>>
Ask a doctor what is right for you.
>>
Lasik lowers your test production
>>
i had it, to much of a bitch to wear contacts never liked glasses so just walked though life blind. I took a month off personally.
>>
>>41776496

had lasik at 18, im 29 now
the pain when they put the clamps so you dont close your eyes is really intense
they recommend you take some days off from physical activity
ask your doc whats better for you though
>>
>>41776820
How was your recovery? How's your eyesight now?
>>
File: 1491466294447-fit.jpg (25KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
1491466294447-fit.jpg
25KB, 569x428px
>>41776496
I had LASIK. 0 issues with it, and I now have basically 20/20 vision. I sometimes get dry eyes after staring at a screen for like 5 hours straight, but it's probably unrelated desu.
I highly recommend it, just make sure your prescription has been stable for a couple of years before you do it and you should be all g.
Only drawback is that I sometimes miss wearing glasses because they're fashionable.
>>
I've heard stories of eyes not fully healing and all that shit, and even though I can comfortably wear contacts, sometimes they can get a bit uneasy, dry eyes lead to drier eyes and discharge coupled with seasonal allergies and contacts, which forces me to dig through the house to find my trusty old, annoying, glasses.
>>
>>41776496
Have you seen an eye doctor? Are you even a candidate? If you have flat or thin corneas, you may be out of the running. You might only be able to do PRK or possibly even ICL. My corneas were as flat as Kansas, so ICL for me. Also, they typically advise you to wait til your mid 20s to get zapped, or at least until your prescription has been stable for several years.

With LASIK, you generally want to block out 4-7 days to chill at home. Nothing intense for 2 weeks, complete recovery after about a month.

The most important thing is to be religious about using the eye drops they give you. If you fuck up, you will have more scar tissue which will cause glare. If you develop a wrinkle on the flap, you gotta get surgery again to flatten it out if it starts to heal that way, so wear your eye shield for the 2 weeks or whatever they tell you to wear it for.
>>
>>41776831
eye sight is great, DR said it takes 3 months to get 20/20 vision. First night is pretty rough your eyes take a good beating. I would recommend a week off of work if you can do it. I only took 3 days off and went back to work thur and fri and i shouldnt have. As for the gym i think the Dr said take 3 weeks off but i did a full month to be on the safe side. The surgery doesnt hurt at all and was over in about 10 mins.

when you get the surgey you cant go swimming for some time so if you gonna be on the beach this summer either get it soon or wait until after. I think you gotta stay out of the water for a bit over 2 weeks
>>
I had PRK in 2005.

Awesome. Totally worth the money.
>>
>>41776838
how much was it?
>>
>>41776977
I was living in Taiwan at the time, it cost me around $1500 USD 6 years ago. These days it costs between 45k and 60k NTD, so around the same.
>>
>>41776496
Recovery time varies but don't expect to be back in the gym for 3 weeks minimum. Also avoid pool/beach trips for a few months. The first 4 days for me were brutal. Couldn't leave the house.
>>
File: computer-thumb-300x225-8467.jpg (27KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
computer-thumb-300x225-8467.jpg
27KB, 300x225px
Don't do it, I did and I'm 100% blind now
>>
>>41776496
I had lasik about a year ago. They've made a ton of improvements in the past few years, so you'll be up to 20/20 pretty quick. At this point, the only reason to get PRK over Lasik is if you plan on being a jet pilot. Your doctor will lay out a timeline for physical activity, but in my case it was absolutely nothing for a week, moderate/light activity the week after, then about a month out I was back to normal.

Good luck making eye gains OP!
>>
>>41776899
So you wear goggles when you shower or what?
>>
>>41779158

Shower is fine, they just dont want you submerging your head or getting splashed with force.

I had lasik done about 15 months ago. Better than 20/20 after about one month. There are different types of lasik depending on your eye needs so your recovery may be harder (I got the one that has the faster recocery)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.