[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the difference between core and abs? >Squat 3pl8 >tfw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1287.jpg (70KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1287.jpg
70KB, 800x400px
What is the difference between core and abs?
>Squat 3pl8
>tfw I can barely do situps
>>
File: 1497040606045.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1497040606045.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
>>41772855
this is bait
>>
>>41772855
core can be viewed as a combination of everything including obliques. abs are just abs
>>
>>41772862
I promise it's not. I can do ab roller for reps, but barely any situps.
>tfw not even a fat fuck
>>
>>41772869
So my abs are lagging from powerlifting?
>>
Difference between core and abs:

Core is the whole area of your abdomen and all of the balancer muscles there

Abs are just the muscles, albeit they do make up part of the core
>>
>>41772938
Always thought core was another type of stomach muscles. Every time you search core exercises the only show ab exercises.
>>
What's the gold standard core exercise? Front lever?
>>
>>41773011
>Every time you search core
Plebs care about abs only so internet panders to their interests, try further pages of google search maybe?
>>
>>41772855
This is impossible.

Your core supports your spine and stabilizes you. If you can squat 315lbs you have some sort of core.
>>
>>41772855
abs means u have to be at a low bodyfat, having abs doesnt mean u have a strong core, it just means ur lean enough to see the ab muscles.

core on the otherhand is the strength of the abs and obliques, can be shown through full body lifts such as the squat and deadlift
>>
sit-ups aren't an ab exercise
>>
>>41773054
No because that involves grip strength

Hollow body holds
>>
>>41773136
Ah right but the grip strength is pretty minimal. Hollow body holds are pretty easy to get into.
>>
>>41772855
>Ripped six pack
Diet down to 10% bodyfat or less, also don't be a complete dyel
>strong core
OHP bodyweight, squat 2.5x bodyweight, deadlift 3x bodyweight
>>
File: Screenshot_20170610-213319.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170610-213319.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>41773129
ive been using elastic bands to stop the hip flexors from working and only using abs.
>>
For anyone actually interested core technically refers to every body part that isn't the limbs, in Fitness some schools of thought treat the core as every muscle between diaphragm and pelvic floor, sometimes including the intercostal muscles and spine erectors.
>>
>>41773175
you're either not doing them right or have been doing them since you were a kid like a gymnast

there's a reason it's a staple for every gymnast
>>
>>41773332
>sometimes including the intercostal muscles and spine erectors
>sometimes

it's never sometimes, stupid. those are core muscles
>>
>>41773538
Why so rude, anon?
I'm just saying some books consider it differently, from being the entire trunk to some in the body muscles.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.