[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are all the people claiming squat 2xBW joking? How the fuck can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 4876081.jpg (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4876081.jpg
70KB, 400x400px
Are all the people claiming squat 2xBW joking?
How the fuck can you lift something heavier than yourself?
Like what's the physics behind it? How can something lighter lift something heavier?

Also if you can deadlift more than your own bodyweight why don't you just deadlift yourself and fly?
>>
>>41769140
ants
>>
>>41769140
>tfw deadlift 2x bodyweight but still didnt master how to fly on my lats
>meanwhile insects lift 40x their bodyweight and can fly

guess i need to deadlift more
>>
>>41769146
Yeah. Why doesn't it fall down?
What's the physics?
>>
File: 1495771870635.jpg (370KB, 610x825px) Image search: [Google]
1495771870635.jpg
370KB, 610x825px
>how can something move something heavier than itself.
Simple. E=mc^2. Mass has the potential be converted into obscene amounts of energy. The body is an engine for this, though inefficient, it does it well eough

>why cant you deadlift yourself and fly
because you have to push down on something to make the weight go up. When you deadlift, youre pushing down on the earth. When you deadlift yourself, youre pulling yourself up while also pushing yourself down, and it cancels out.
>>
>>41769156
why doesnt what fall down? Why doesn't the person with a big bar on their back collapse? Because the bonds between the molecules in their body are strong enough to not break apart under the load. There's energy in those bonds. Your questions sound stupid, but, they're actually barking up the right tree. You're thinking of things in terms of mass only, which would produce non-sense. However there is a metric known as energy and that is what is really at work here.
>>
>>41769162
That is why you just drag up your arms and don't push down your legs, so you fly away
>>
>>41769162
>E=mc^2
Jesus are you american?
Your body does not convert mass into energy
>>
>>41769170
>You're thinking of things in terms of mass only, which would produce non-sense. However there is a metric known as energy and that is what is really at work here.
How?
>>
>>41769179
I know the body isn't a nuclear reactor. Im just trying to simplify things.
>>
>>41769162
>>41769179
>>41769187

>not being a nuclear reactor and getting all macros from Uranium ore shakes
>>
>>41769187
You clearly haven't been in my presence after holding in a weeks worth of MADMILK
>>
>>41769179
Mass and energy are the same thing. Every time energy is released from a chemical reaction (i.e. the energy from ATP->ADP which allows your muscles to move), mass is lost. It's tiny, negligible really because c is really big, but it's there.
>>
>>41769403
bitch please
>not secretly being the sun itself and fullfilling your TDEE needs in one picosecond by fusing hidrogen into helium
DYEL?
>>
>>41769140
the real reason is just that material strength isnt only a factor of its own mass. just like how a small cable can hold up an entire elevator without snapping.
secondly when you're talking about weight, you're talking about force due to gravity. the value of gravity has nothing to do with how strong a material is. your body wouldnt be weaker on the moon just because you weigh less.
now that we've gotten material yielding strength out of the way we can talk about generating force. if you know your body isnt going to snap underneath a large weight, all that matters is that you can produce the force necessary to counteract the objects weight, which is a whole different discussion about muscles and energy and leverage and all that shit
>>
>>41769835
>the sun outputs 9.14x10^22 kcal/second
neat

https://what-if.xkcd.com/148/
>>
>>41769792
Not just rearranging bonds?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.