[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Back in university gym for the first time in a few months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 57_1[1].jpg (84KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
57_1[1].jpg
84KB, 850x567px
>Back in university gym for the first time in a few months
>They rearranged the power lifting room
>Getting my bearings back, stranger in a strange land now
>Leg press machine is now right next to one of the olympic platforms
>Start doing my workout on the platform
>Halfway through, some wannabe trainer with a clipboard walks over with some dude who actually looks pretty fit
>They go through a few bodyweight drills as the trainer takes notes
>They proceed to load up 8 fucking plates on each side of the leg press, 720lb in total
>Trainer says, "Okay now we're going to have you one rep max here on the leg press. We now prefer the leg press as the best overall measure of strength, even more than the deadlift or squat because those have too much error."
>Watch this guy proceed to half squat and the trainer congratulate him
I didn't ask what this ""trainer"" was assessing this guy for, presumably some sort of sports club, but what's this shit about leg press being a better indicator of overall strength?
Is there any truth to this at all? Was there some meme article recently that claimed this bullshit?
Is the leg press machine good for literally anything at all? I've never even used one.
>>
>>41766519
I mean it can be used to measure strength better than the squat and deadlift since there are so many variables when you do the later 2 ie depth, footplacement, back curve
>>
leg press is worse than the smith machine. negligible range of motion, no core involved, 45ยบ angle, pure ego lifting bullshit.
>>
>>41766533
So I'm supposed to be measured by some retard lift just because Jhonny can't into lumbar support?
>>
>>41766556
if youre not using your core thats not the leg press fault
>>
>>41766519
Squats and deadlifts are good indicators of lower body and core strength, in terms of overall upperbody strength they are useless. There's no one lift that truly measures full body strength.
But in terms of the leg press its the furthest thing from full body strength so fuck that trainer.
>>
>>41766556
I use it to blast my quads after doing squats.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.