[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to change,I want to get fit bros.I did read the sticky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170611_033337_560.jpg (354KB, 1728x1650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170611_033337_560.jpg
354KB, 1728x1650px
I want to change,I want to get fit bros.I did read the sticky and i'm looking for a gym to join now.

But theres one question left,due to my past retardation I got surgery in my right hand,they put me 2 screws and it looks like pic related now.

My knuckles dont look right and I was wondering if there will be any problem with doing starting strength as i'm going to be increasing the weight constantly and doing pull ups.

I know it's a hard question,but maybe someone in here has this same problem and I just dont want to risk getting more surgery and fucking up my hand even more.
>>
My brother has been lifting for years and he has a vertically placed screw in his wrist.

Although you should probably ask a physical therapist, they know the best about this stuff.
>>
>>41755467
No they don't. They're the Psychiatrists of the fitness world
>>
>>41755467
What happened to him?

Does he have any problems with doing pull ups or heavy deadlifts?

It's a weird relief reading that your brother can lift with a screw in his wrist.
>>
As with anything abnormality related in the world of fitness, CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR.

You're most likely fine, but deadlifts/power cleans/pulls ups/chins might put too much pressure of them. So, CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR.
>>
I can't comment from personal experience but I can tell you a lot of professional athletes have major hand injuries and can still weight train.

Just off the top of my head Cub Swanson has broken his hand 7 times I think, pic related is an x-ray of his hand and he still does heavy weight training and obviously a lot of striking training.

Of course not being a doctor and not knowing the specifics of your hand I wouldn't know, but I would argue it's not something you would have to worry about for a several months until your lifts start getting big
>>
>>41755485
PTs have training for helping others work out with disabilities, they should be well versed on the effects of a screw in the hand.
>>41755500
He lift big
>>
>>41755449
Lol nobody puts in screws like that, they would literally be limiting your hand movements a lot.
Why did you get them?
>>
>>41756377
Not trying to disrespect doctors because thanks to them and the surgeon I still can use my hand but they usually know nothing about lifting related questions and diet when it comes to sports and fitness

>>41756494
They also start reabilitation from day 3 after getting surgery,I know a lot of pro athletes have terrible accidents and big injuries but they overcome them thanks to all the work and money they put on to do so.

In the other hand there is normal people like me,I had a cast for almost a month and I couldnt move my hand,I could varely move my hand at the beggining.

>>41756503
Glad to hear that man,truly inspiring for me

>>41756736
What?

I broke two metacarpal bones 4th and 5th,fracture was unstable so they put two screws(one inch each) horizontaly so it could heal.

It doesnt limit my hand movement that much but yeah it feels weird doing some gestures and rising my fingers all the way up,I will hopefully get them removed.
>>
>>41757999
Trips
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.