[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any downside to restricting calories to a minimal amount?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Is there any downside to restricting calories to a minimal amount? I've just finished a 3 month bulk, up to 190lbs at 6ft, and made a lot of gains. Now I don't want to lose them, but I really can't stand being so fucking fat.

If I get 200g of protein and ~1000calories what will happen?
>>
I don't think that's a safe cut...

I'm not going to rush in here and say bulking / cutting is a meme, it's just a strategy employed by professional athletes and not necessarily appropriate for the majority of people lifting. Moreover, nothing is more irritating than watching fat fucks think it's okay to eat ice cream and go to Wendy's because "I'm bulking." A lot of the times it's just an excuse for people to not have the discipline to give up eating junk food but still engage in the machismo of lifting at the gym. Having big arms is great, but having a big fat beer belly still puts you at serious risk for hypertension and heart disease.

Ranting aside, if you want to lose weight, just use a calorie counter and ensure you're getting your calories from clean sources. Don't try to starve yourself - 1000 calories a day is not enough. If you just cut to a standard 2100 or 2000 and get calories from clean sources, you'll probably find that you lose the weight at a safe, natural pace.
>>
>>41749834
Dont be idiot. Your body is complex machine with 999 processes going on at the same time. By drastically lowering calories you may damage it in funny ways which will hit you few years later.

Also
>200g of protein
Guess how do i know your diet is anything but balanced?

>what will happen
You will feel like shit at best, die at worst.

Tldr dont be retard.
>>
Your body will consume macronutrients to generate energy before sustaining muscle mass. 200g of protein at 1000 calories means that your body will start using that protein for energy and it won't leave enough to sustain your muscle mass, and you'll be fatigued and weak as shit.

If you cut carbs you gotta raise fat.
>>
190 lbs isnt a bulk at 6ft. Im 5'7 and my last bulk was 185 at 17% bf. Scared to lose abs?
>>
File: wenn1171502.jpg (37KB, 445x493px) Image search: [Google]
wenn1171502.jpg
37KB, 445x493px
>>41750316
>Mfw I'm bulking and eat a 2200 calorie lunch from Wendy's once a week
I eat extra lean the other 99% of the time tho.
>>
google PSMF, disregard broscience
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.