[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is my progression so shitty? Everyone says to add

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 2481871428.jpg (45KB, 694x417px) Image search: [Google]
2481871428.jpg
45KB, 694x417px
Why the fuck is my progression so shitty? Everyone says to add 3-5 lbs every time you do your compound lifts every session when you are a beginner but i just can't. For example i did my 5x5 bench, next session i added 3kg and i couldn't do 5x5.I could barely do 5x3 and on some sets i couldnt even get the third rep for some reason. And i have this every fucking time, In the end i reach 5x5 but i don't do this every session like i am supposed to. I am gaining weight on pasta and meat i am sleeping like 7-8 hours and on rest days i barely do anything. I am also starting to see changes in my body, my traps, shoulders and triceps are much bigger than they were when i started lifting (lifting seriously for like 3 months so still skelly tier but much bigger in comparision), why the fuck can't i add more weight?
>>
6.6 > 5
>>
>>41749670
youre supposed to rest 5mins between sets
>>
Ok I feel like a tard for asking this but is 5x3 5 sets 3 reps or 5 reps 3 sets?
>>
>>41749670
I don't even have enough good weight disks to add, my bar is maxed at 62kg deadlift, the fuck do I do lads?

Thinking of getting a squat bar and iron weight set for dem squats and The Press
>>
>>41749710
Go to a gym where they gave unlimited supply.
>>
>>41749683
Is that really such a big difference that i do 3 reps less than i should? 1.6 lbs? Also i fucked up cause i actually added 2.5 kg so its even a worse situation for me.

Am i just a genetic failure and should hop on test?
>>
You stupid cunt actually fucking assume that your bench press is going to increase by 3kg every session?

Assuming you started with only the bar you'd be doing your reps with 210 lbs in two months.
>>
>>41749707
sets of reps always
3 sets of 5 reps is 3x5
>>
>>41749734
2.5 actually

The smallest plates i have are 1.25 and i suppose most people have the same.
>>
>>41749752

You absolutely don't need to increase weight in the bench press every single session. My bench press rep weight increased 22.5kg in the first 3 months or so, then 10kg in the later two months.

Adding 2.5kg even weekly is great process, no matter how noob you are.
>>
>>41749840
>You absolutely don't need to increase weight in the bench press every single session.

So is SS a scam?
>>
>>41749870
No, you can progress on squats every session cuz they use bigger muscles, same with deadlifts.

Try going for 6th rep on every set before adding weight on your bench.
>>
>>41749735
OK Thanks
>>
>>41749670
there's alot of methods to improve bench performance for smoother linear gains; better arching and foot anchor, lat engagement. depending on a number of factors, +3kg/workout is asking too much, especially if your admission of lifting seriously 3 months is true. also, dont skip your ohp. shoulder mobility matters.
>>
>>41749670
progress ain't easy

some people have a genetic advantage and are aesthetic gym beasts. some people put on muscle faster, recover faster, have more endurance, or all of the above.

some people have a psychological edge and they can push themselves further than everyone else.

and then there are normies who can put in the same amount of work but get less results. but in any case you are better off putting the work in than not.

or just gear up and leave humanity behind. that works too.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.