[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I'm super depressed. I've got a big herniated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: lower_back_hip_225x192.png (50KB, 225x192px) Image search: [Google]
lower_back_hip_225x192.png
50KB, 225x192px
Hey /fit/ I'm super depressed.
I've got a big herniated disc on l5-s1 (lumbo-sacral) and I basically can't walk properly anymore for the sciatica pain.

Though I have no big nerve problems so the doctors said to try with physiotherapy and drugs and to avoid surgery.

Anyone in similar conditions? Any success stories?
>>
Same deal here, doctor said I should do pt before surgery because once surgery is done, you are fucked forever.
Took a year and a half to heal. Basically had to do a restorative yoga program. Similar to DDP yoga, so if there is no yoga place near you that does a similar program, just pick ddp up and do that.
The second part is to find a gym that has a reverse hyper machine and make that part of your regular training. Then do a bodyweight program. Check out the book overcoming gravity.
Lastly, no sugar and high fat diet if you are not already doing it. If you want your joints to heal and you don't consume the raw materials to let your body do the repairs, it will never happen. Jell-O, olive oil and avocados should be in your future.
>>
>>41748575
Got any other info on the dietary side of it? I have similar issues but haven't seen it approached from this angle
>>
>>41748575
Thanks man. I don't think I can start yoga now though. I can't stretch my left leg at all (just a bit) and it's very easy now to get pain when I move in general.

You said 1 year and a half, but how did you live in the meanwhile? Were you able to work and do your daily routine?
>>
File: 1434527225899.jpg (26KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
1434527225899.jpg
26KB, 500x301px
dont do surgery. Start doing reverse hypers ASAP. Do a lot of hanging, for decompression of the spine. Look up the mcgill lower back routine. Do these every fucking day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9tU7_w7rvw

And make sure to not aggravate your back. I have a bulging disc and the things I listed do fucking help. I was just a retard and kept aggravating it once a month now my back is worse
>>
also watch this
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0zjMFNjC4M

Louie simmons who herniated multiple discs in his back cured it with the reverse hypers. This exercise is fucking godsend

fuckload of people fixed their back problems with this too
>>
>>41748945
Unfortunately I can't do those. I'm not physically able to ( I can't stretch the leg without pain) and the only gym in town doesn't have that machine.

Why no surgery?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.