[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the absolute cheapest deadlift floor padding? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1490337190962.png (279KB, 480x454px)
1490337190962.png
279KB, 480x454px
What's the absolute cheapest deadlift floor padding? Why is everything so expensive

Where do I get some cheap ass padding. Note I'm on an upper floor of an apartment so I need GOODE PADDINGE
>>
>>41745957
old towels.
>>
File: bestever.jpg (24KB, 400x433px)
bestever.jpg
24KB, 400x433px
>>41745957

The grass outside.

Problem solved.
>>
>>41745957
Tractor supply. No joke the livestock rubber padding is amazing for it.
>>
>>41745957
A few layers of plywood should do it
>>
>>41745957
Masonite might work
>>
>>41745957
home depot has something similar to gym flooring, i forget what its called though. Cheap too
>>
>>41746006

This. It's tough as hell too. Lots of plans for a lifting platform use it.
>>
>>41745957
>doing deadlifts in an upper floor apartment
Holy kek anon, your downstairs neighbour is going to stab you before you do any damage
>>
>>41745993
I actually tried this.

The weight begins to sink into the ground after awhile, and everything gets dirty as fuck. Not a good idea.

I gave up on the home gym stuff and just went back to the local gym. They don't mind if i destroy their equipment.
>>
>>41747977
put an old shirt/towel where the weights touch the ground
>>
>>41745957
>upper floor apartment
you are gonna have to get a piece of wood then put pads and shit on it and try not to slam it on the ground
>>
You are a piece of shit for even considering doing deadlifts in an upstairs apartment. When you live under someone you can hear EVERYTHING. You dropping a dinner plate on the floor sounds like someone bowling upstairs. Unless you have concrete floors (you don't), don't try to deadlift in an apartment building.
>>
>>41745957
>deadlifting in an apartment

I would fucking murder you
>>
>>41748891
>>41748847
>>41747970
disregard this, anon. I used to big books for padding and that's it, my downstairs neighbors said they never heard shit.
My neighbors and I were on friendly terms when I bought my set, it's not like they had a problem complaining.
>>
>>41748994
OP is going to get stabbed in his sleep by some crazy person living under him/evicted. At the very least he is going to lose money for the materials that he purchased and have an embarrassing conversation/note slipped under his door.
>>
>>41748847
lol, I'm a piece of shit I guess. only baby weights though (under 200lbs), and I do the lowering in a slow and controlled way. I'm very conscious of noise; I'd guess that dropping a cup or plate is definitely louder.
>>
>>41748994
>>41749024

Ya, when you deadlift less than 2pl8 it isn't exactly an issue. I don't think OP plans on staying DYEL forever. Lowering 3.5+ pl8 in a controlled and quiet manner shouldn't be a reasonable concern for someone focusing on not exploding spinal discs out of their back.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.