[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are good /fit/ approved sources of electrolyte? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1606.jpg (524KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1606.jpg
524KB, 1920x1080px
What are good /fit/ approved sources of electrolyte? I don't want to drink the Gatorade or Powerade Jew
>>
You don't need it
>>
pedialyte if you have the cash.
>>
>>41745855
A good way to tell if its worth getting is whether it has enough sodium in it. If they have sodium below or equal to the other electrolytes then you won't feel any effect in my experience. I like Nuun tablets, they taste good and have way higher mineral concentrations than Gatorade and Pedialyte. Salt Stick is probably the best balanced electrolyte mix I think, but its less convenient to carry around gel caps.

You can also just but the various minerals you want in pill form and take those, its the same thing.
>>
>>41745855
Pedialyte isnt bad, buts its expensive af for daily use. I use when I'm super hungover and have to do shit that day. It's also great hangover prevention to drink it before you go out.

But I've heard putting a bunch of salt in water with cayenne pepper is a great way to balance electrolytes, as long as you're getting Mg and other ions from your diet
>>
>>41745855
electrolyte tablets.
>>41745865
consumption of electrolytes mid-exercise is correlated to increased endurance by about 30,000 studies
>>
mix OJ or grapefruit juice 1:3 with water. Presto, homade Gatorade with better bioavailability
>>
>>41747480
>with better bioavailability

nah, gatorade's bioavailability is pretty much maxed out, it's the same osmolality as human blood etc....shit has been engineered for decades to a purpose and for professional athletes it is indeed important and does work.

for people who aren't doing endurance exercise past 60 minutes or so, consumption of electrolyte isn't positively correlated to increased endurance. Beyond that, the results are massive.

Gatorade's sports science institute has contributed some meaningful research actually. respectable peeps.
>>
Pellegrino has electrolytes and no calories
>>
>>41747506
yeah but Xitrus has vitamins and natural sugars that all improve blood levels and recovery syncretically therefore better bio availability overall.

Gatorade has excelled in making a drink powder tgat works about as well as the natural solution but doesnt get rancid, let's not get crazy like its celltech
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.