[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get over gym anxiety? I feel so out of place next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4134.jpg (34KB, 960x949px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4134.jpg
34KB, 960x949px
How does one get over gym anxiety? I feel so out of place next to these uni Chads and to make things worse our gym always has lines for the barbells.

>tfw doing SS and making them wait 40+ mins
>>
Isn't SS just three sets of 5?

What the fuck takes so long?
>>
Had gym anxiety for a while.

Honestly you have to force yourself to go. Fake it till you make it - act like you don't give a fuck and pretty soon you won't
>>
>>41741077
just stare at the floor like the rest of us autists
>>
>>41742250

Really this is the only option outside of a home gym or bw regiment. It sucks but what else are you going to do.
>>
>>41741077
honestly nobody else cares, just keep doing you. You'll get there eventually.
>>
File: smooth.jpg (73KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
smooth.jpg
73KB, 1024x768px
>>41741077
Uni Chad here.

Don't be scared man, just relax and do your thing. We're all gonna make it (except the PL manlets, fuck em)
>>
>>41742250
This. I was like that too and I went until I was confident the only way to beat it is by getting bigger
>>
I was like this too. You'll never make it until you realize that lifting is both a physical and mental exercise. You have to accept that you're smaller and weaker, and go anyways despite the fact that you feel uncomfortable as fuck
>>
>>41741077
>go to gym one time
>linebacker for football team is working out there for some reason other than the football gym?
>he is doing one armed curls with a 100lb dumbell while like 10 people watch him in a semicircle

nigga got drafted and played a few years too. how the fuck. do you curl 100 lb. with one arm. the guys that actually make it to the nfl are fucking genetic freaks

captcha: best white
>>
Honestly, don't use or bring your phone. It helped out my anxiety huge. It helps you relax a lot more, and if you need to time yourself then you can just use a watch or look at the clock.
>>
>>41745747

Chad doesn't know what a 4chan is.
>>
if you have gym anxiety you will NEVER\ make it
>>
I started as a skinny with crippling anxiety, only way for me to go to the gym was to go during the night or dawn when it was empty. I think progressively as I got fitter and more confident about what I was doing I stopped caring about it and started going during the day more often. Most people view the gym has a place for physical gains only but it single handedly cured my anxiety problems in the process.
>>
Go at 1am when no one is there.
>>
>>41741352
if you squat for 3 heavy sets of 5, and then press for 3 heavy sets of 5, you could easily kill that amount of time.
5 min warm up for squats, 3-4 mins between sets, ~15 minutes. once you account for long breaks, changing weight, talking, refilling water bottles, it's easy to kill another few minutes without noticing. not very unreasonable for someone to take 30-40 minutes to do most of their workout
>>
>>41749341
>3-4 mins between sets
unless you're powerlifting heavy triplets, there's no need for such a long rest. particularly not as an SS beginner.
>>
>>41749579
when you're an early beginner, it's important to milk every pound out of linear progression. when i was on SS, i waited as long as possible to deload and it worked well for me. also, some people just have shit work capacity and need longer breaks in between high RPE sets.
a lot of people don't realize their GPP is fucking shite until they're already past noobie gains.
>>
>>41749620
This
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.