[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most overrated supplements/brands on the market For me it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: download (5).jpg (14KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
14KB, 291x173px
Most overrated supplements/brands on the market

For me it's BCAAs. They don't do shit for my endurance. Completely unnecessary
>>
literally any protein powder. you get the protein you need way cheaper from the food you eat on a daily basis. a glass of milk with every meal adds up to a protein shake.
>>
>>41733959
>3.4g protein / 100mL skim milk
>drinking 1L skim milk per day gives 34g protein and 370cal
>like 4$/day worth of milk right there
>comparing that to 2 sweet scoops of protons in 375mL water for 170cal and 40g protein
>close to 1$/day powder
>enjoy your bloat
>GOMAD is a meme
>>
>>41734074
I didn't say anything about gomad, and i don't know where your getting your stats about the calories in milk but your most definitely wrong. in the end, it makes more sense economically speaking to drink milk instead. not to mention you have no idea what random shit they pump into your "protein" powder. go ahead and keep churning out numbers though.
>>
>>41733894
Bcaas are only good for cutting and they're a livesaver imo.
>>41733959
>get protein from milk
Yeah and estro, not to mention all the excess carbs and fats. I have to stay around 240p/160c a day, so I do 2 scoops isolate, 1 scoop casein

Overall, anything besides bcaas, protein, pwo if you prefer it, and vitamins is garbage.
>>
i actually like bcaas. I drink it before and at the gym and it stopped my yawns, feels refreshing and is tasty
>>
File: milknigga.png (63KB, 856x670px) Image search: [Google]
milknigga.png
63KB, 856x670px
>>41734132
>pic related
>being too dumb to google something
Yes, I fully trust you know what you're talking about when it comes to the "random shit they pump into your protein powder"

Do you also eat organic and non GMO? Fag.
>>
>>41733894
Are BCAAs actually a meme or not? I hear mixed things that they are incomplete proteins and do nothing, yadda yadda.

As much as I love water, it is nice having that fruit punch flavored shit for my workout.
>>
>>41734268
On a cut they may help prevent catabolism, other than that they do nothing
>>
>>41734268
100% meme.

>body induces vasoconstriction into vessels surrounding digestive system during a workout
>but BCAA's absorb quickly with no digestion!!!
>into what blood though mang?
>BCAA = branched chain amino acids
>protein = amino acid complexes
>BCAA = protein
>BCAA only has 3 amino acids
>protein powder has all 20
>but BCAA can prevent catabolism of muscle!!!
>so can eating food you fag
>>
>>41734330
Yep breddy much this, if you are on a suicide cut I'd drink them otherwise save your money
>>
>>41734266
Milk is at least regulated. Yes, the regulations are low.

That said, there's no regulation in the supplement industry, so the nutrition labels can be completely fake and no one would get sued. Also the powders are made of basically dehydrated run-offs from the farm industry.
>>
>>41734257
What brand and flavor anon?
>>
>>41734391
Except MuscleTech gets sued like once a week for faking tons of stuff. Protein powder has been around since the 50's dude, can't be any worse than the asbestos I grew up inhaling.
>>
>>41734416
Not him but if you go with whatever brand makes 1MR, you can get bcaas with a little caffeine, which is great for working out fasted and on a cut
>>
>>41734468
Thanks! I usually workout fasted anyway.
>>
>>41734478
Yeah same, eat at noon and then lift around 9 at night. Sometimes just eat breakfast and no lunch. Bcaas are the only thing keeping my workouts as long as they need to be
>>
>>41734428
>powder businesses get sued constantly
>but they're still in business, so it must be good
It's because the law since the 1950s has been that supplements can claim practically anything, because they are cosmetic, not nutritional or dietary. That's what MuscleTech's lawyers fall back on. It's not proof that the stuff's good, it's proof that judges have to abide by the laws for the industry, which is pretty much "lol no refunds".
>>
Just curious, has anyone ever put protein powder on a caloric scale to see if it really has protein in it?
>>
>>41734555
Look up protien spiking, a lot of it is far less protien than advertised
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.