[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is 5/3/1 a meme or is it a good program? I'm not a powerlifter,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Wendler_531.jpg (16KB, 640x232px) Image search: [Google]
Wendler_531.jpg
16KB, 640x232px
So is 5/3/1 a meme or is it a good program?

I'm not a powerlifter, I just want to get both stronger and bigger
>>
http://blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator

Not going to take the time to write my review again, either do it or don't. There is plenty of shit to do out there
>>
>>41733811
I find it meh. Texas method for me.
>>
>>41733825
>Not going to take the time to write my review again

then don't bother fucking replying to my thread you dumb cunt, get fucked
>>
>>41733811
I'm just starting my third week of my third month. I've had positive results so far with all my lifts going up. Trying to find info on incorporating power movements was cryptic as shit in his book, he only wrote about them for a paragraph (to save you a search, do them on DL and Squat days before the main lift and track them using 5/3/1 template).
>>
>>41733843
>I find the most balanced strength program with reasonable rep ranges and intensities, comprehensive lists of accessories and without mindless weekly pr chasing meh, TM with its lopsided volume distribution and using singles to warm up to a realistic 5rm is more reasonable
Kek
>>41733811
Wendler came up with 531 when he got off PLing, so there's that. Anyway, do it, it's fucking awesome
>>
>>41733811
TM, 5/3/1, and SS are all meme routines. Progressive overload doesn't work the way they want you to think it does. Work low volume compounds 3+ times a week.
>>
>>41733811
i like it, it's not as hardcore as TM. it's good if you're not gung ho and still want to make gains
>>
>>41733937
you know what i think i'll trust you over the PhD's
>>
>>41733845
What are you 12
>>
>>41733988
seems like i hit a nerve there, nobody fucking cares about your wishy washy 'do it or don't, there's loads of programs xDD'

it contributes fuck all and there's no point in posting shit like that now or ever again
>>
>>41733970
you don't have to believe me. but you'll be sitting on /fit/ two years from now looking the exact same and lifting the same weight. i trained shit like 531 for about 6 months and realized doing 1-5 reps is not enough to build mass.
>>
>>41734003
there are hundreds of thousands of living case studies to prove you wrong

those guys are successful for a reason - their stuff works. writing off those entire programs as nonsense is fucking retarded.
>>
>>41734169
and you probably aren't one of them. dyel shitposter on /fit/. gg.
>>
>>41734003
My legs have grown since I started equating for 5 reps.
Major compounds should be around 5 reps.
>>
>>41733811

How does one achieve a 5pl8 OHP?
>>
>>41734206
i can probably out squat you son, but i'm not gonna compare cocks here. just really was pointing out that you're dead wrong for any noobs that might be browsing as i like to look out for them
>>
Any pdfs of 531 forever yet? I really wanna see what changes were made to the fullbody variations but fuck paying $40 for the book.
>>
I'm doing the BBB version and making great aesthetic gains
>>
>>41733811
It's a legitimately good program if you're an older, tired, lifter coming off of years of crazy cycles and heavy lifting and you just wanna cruise for the rest of your life.
>>
File: Full body routine.jpg (291KB, 868x1837px) Image search: [Google]
Full body routine.jpg
291KB, 868x1837px
I need your opinions senpai,
>been doing PPL for like 6 months and not making very good progress

>going to start full body routine

Can you rate this routine is it autistic or will it work?
>>
>>41733811
>I just want to get both stronger and bigger
It's okay. The base program (aka "not doing jack shit") is not enough, tho. You'll always have to pair it with an accessory template like bbb or triumvirate to see results.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.