[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't do a single pullup, is the assisted pull up machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I can't do a single pullup, is the assisted pull up machine a good start and if so when do I week off it.
>>
Do negatives instead.

Follow this program:

http://www.50pullups.com/
>>
>>41728086
>is the assisted pull up machine a good start
Yes, that or Australian Push Ups

>if so when do I week off it.
Can't into understanding what you are asking.
>>
>>41728109
Sorry chap I meant to say when do I ween myself off the machine and start doing regular pull ups
>>
>>41728086
Don't touch assisted pullups. Just keep trying regular pullups.
>>
>>41728126
>when do I ween myself off the machine and start doing regular pull ups
What I did, was keep doing assisted until I could do a few without assistance. Do 3 sets to failure regardless if that is only 1 or 2 each set. Trying to increase the number of reps here.

Then do 3 sets with assistance. Keep doing that until your unassisted sets are of sufficient reps.
>>
File: 1490602406615.jpg (922KB, 1562x4158px) Image search: [Google]
1490602406615.jpg
922KB, 1562x4158px
>>41728086
>>
Strap a 45lb plate to your body and try do a pullup.

Then take the 45lb plate off and try again.

You'll get your first bodyweight pullup instantly.
>>
>>41728189
what if you are a lard with a lot of body weight?
>>
If you can't do a single pullup it means you have to lose weight first. Do other back exercises instead
>>
>>41728547
Cut off your legs, they only hold you back.
>>
>>41728086
Do negatives.
>>
>>41728108
>>41728866
So you guys are pretty adamant in negatives and saying that negatives will make you progress faster than progressively overloading on machines
Answer me this, if I start doing negative +50 kg pull ups, that should get me to +50 kg pull ups faster than progressively overloading pullups the normal way yes?
Why not do it on every exercise, as long as you can do it safely then?
Just starting with 100 kg bench negatives on a power rack for example
>>
File: 1486095427661.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486095427661.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
>>41728108
Is this a joke?
>>
not OP, but I'm way weaker at wide grip pullups than narrow or neutral grip pullups anything I should work on to balance this out.

Also curious if negative are really more effective than lat pulldowns or other exercises
>>
>>41728891

A pull up is a foundational movement. Negatives can help you build strength for it, but it's not a necessity.

You should not be doing ANYTHING weighted if you don't have the basics. Doing 200kg bench negatives is just retarded and leaves you more susceptible to injury....

Then again I think you're being sarcastic, so you get it already. This is for anyone who thinks you're actually serious
>>
Anecdotal, but I'm a fatty and tried assisted pullups for awhile and could never get past 50% bodyweight. Switched to negatives and deadhangs and could do a full pullup in a couple weeks.
>>
>>41728547
i've been there, it's frustrating being fat and not able to get close to one pullup.

it's one of those exercises that is just impossible if you're fat and don't have the muscles needed. assisted pullups fuck with the whole form and aren't worth it imo. but negative pullups are possible.
>>
>>41728086
>that form
Is that healthy for shoulders?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.