[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Couldn't do over head extensions yesterday. My left arm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1494783400184.jpg (270KB, 1349x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1494783400184.jpg
270KB, 1349x1349px
Couldn't do over head extensions yesterday. My left arm right above the elbow was like twitching. Felt like I was either missing an entire muscle or was about to tear something. Didn't feel like the joint.

Is this just my anatomy or a severe muscle imbalance? Are there safe targeted routines for the triceps?
>>
>>41727584

Is this something happens every time, or was this a one off thing?
>>
Above or below the elbow? As in, brachium or antebrachium?
>>
>>41727584
Did you warm-up properly? I usually do light push downs or extension sets to pre-exhaust and warm-up my triceps/elbows before doing my main sets of overhead extensions. You also may have your elbows too narrow/flared. As to an alternative, french press (skull crushers behind the head). Also check vid related:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i8teCx4-_Bw
>>
>>41727606
First time ever doing any direct tricep work, but first time I've ever had the sensation.
>>41727655
Above the elbow, on the other side of where my bicep is, if that makes sense.
>>41727856
I was using very light weight, because I've never done the movement before. If there's a way to warm up the area with just a resistance band, I will try that.
>>
File: jt6MuNM.jpg (161KB, 1028x1510px) Image search: [Google]
jt6MuNM.jpg
161KB, 1028x1510px
>>41727584
mikykly marony fuggin hot
>>
What are good tricep movements that don't stress the joint as much?
>>
>>41728026
She ruined herself with implants and surgery
>>
yo the same things happens to me as well, idk how to fix it or even what it is. i consulted my doctor but they just said it was tendinitis. im looking for the same info because even though my arm doesnt hurt anymore it still does the twitch thing above my elbow when i do incline/bench/overhead press.
>>
>>41730455
From what I've been able to understand is it has to do with tendons not being as strong as the surrounding muscle groups.
How to fix that though if beyond me
>>
>>41728009
>>41730455
>>41730594
I had the same or at least a similar thing when OHP failed on me, heard that soft cracking noise and PAIN OF A THOUSAND SUNS. It caused me to stop lifting for a year and a half and I can still feel the "offending" muscle when doing pike pushups. They said it was shoulder impingement but I feel it in the same place as you.
>>
>>41727584
>>41728026
cummy
>>
>>41730594
i dunno, i got xrays done and they said i had tendinitis so i went on naproxen for the past month. the pain in my arm when i would flex and stuff subsided, but when i do bench, incline, or ohp the tingling/twitch shit would still happen right above my inner elbow. its really annoying and i dont know how to fix it
>>
File: FAVEyo7.jpg (581KB, 1080x1348px) Image search: [Google]
FAVEyo7.jpg
581KB, 1080x1348px
>>41728772
>>41730782
mm bby milk suck tittys milky
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.