[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I understand that SS has been demonstrated to be the most efficient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: r1pl82pl8.jpg (10KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
r1pl82pl8.jpg
10KB, 251x201px
I understand that SS has been demonstrated to be the most efficient program for beginners, and as a beginner I'm not trying to argue with the slew of successful SS graduates on this board. But the thing is I like lifting. I started about 4 months ago doing a bro split 4 or 5 days a week and the mental/emotional benefits were maybe even more impressive than the physical gains.

After doing a decent amount of reading I transitioned to SS a couple weeks ago hoping for better results, but 30 - 40 minute sessions 3 times a week just aren't doing it for me. Could I maybe do an augmented SS type program which prioritizes compound barbell work but stacks iso dumbbell work on top? Like dumbbell chest fly on bench days and delt raises on press days?

I get that this probably wouldn't be conducive to growing more muscle, but would it destroy the SS gains? I just miss the feeling of long, focused seshes in the gym that the bro split called for.
>>
>>41709211
Read the fucking book
It literally have more than 20 accessories exercise to add to your program. It even discuss curls
>>
many ss followers that go out of novice stage bitch about how t-rex mode they're fat, etc. But somehow all int or adv ppl that follow practical programming/texas method or other rippetoe school ends as thick beasts

makes you think hmm
>>
File: jtOTmUa.jpg (159KB, 959x1719px) Image search: [Google]
jtOTmUa.jpg
159KB, 959x1719px
SS is a meme
>>
>>41709281

ss isnt asthethics but strenght routine for novices where they all should follow pretty much same to build strenght fundamentals, int level is where you can make targets like muuh big chest muuh something, muuh lean out but stay relativly strong

ss lasts only for like 6 months and another thing about it is that you should do gomad only if you skelly twink (rippetoe words)

than you switch to tm and target it however you want with ability to do assistance days and split it up
>>
>>41709233
b-but I read the sticky
>>41709281
>>41709266
i always figured that's because SS calls for like 4000 calories a day or some outrageous shit like that. I'm sticking with brosplitter advice of around 2500 calories and 140g of protein a day, so hopefully this doesn't happen
>>
SS will only last 6 months, IF you eat your damn food and rest. Then you can go back to your bro-split.
>>
Strength base is a meme
>>
>>41709354

that is correct, rippetoe approach to diet is to loose

I follow 10-15% approach, so if you stay in 10-15% bf do whatever you want, cut, bulk or mantain, dont go below or above

thanks to that you dont lose a lot or none of strenght on smart cut (as int you will lose some strenght on cut that is too fast)

make sure your macros click and you on your way
>>
>>41709211
>but 30 - 40 minute sessions
Are you doing JUST the three exercises a day, and also doing them with such light weight you don't feel the need to rest?
Go heavier, and do some accessories.
>>
>>41709424

strenght base can be meme for somebody that care only about looks, but ss isnt dedicated to that kind of ppl

ss is for ppl getting better at their sports, stronger etc (int in practical programming show how to programme past ss routine based on tm for athlethes in other sports)

>>41709405

if somebody does this stuff right and stay smart he would read practical programming and follow his "bodybuilding" targets on modified TM as TM is only style of progression
>>
>>41709354
SS includes eating advice?

I do Strong Lifts and I just eat my TDEE which on workout days is like 3190 (some days I go for 3500)
>>
>>41709480
>ppl
I hope to God you're either underaged or a woman.
>>
>>41709496

im eastern european living in eastern europe and representing slavic strenght not some dumb bodyfaging shit
>>
>>41709480
>strenght base can be meme for somebody that care only about looks, but ss isnt dedicated to that kind of ppl
wtf then what program do I do for aesthetics
>>
>>41709480
>ss is for ppl getting better at their sports, stronger etc

Why does /fit/ recommend it to people who just want to look good then?
>>
>>41709211
If you really want to put in work and get results find an upper lower split that's and go 4x a week and twerk it hard.

If I knew what I know now I wouldn't have ever done SS and I would have made significantly faster progress. 3 lifts at 3x5 is for lazy shits that want to train "strength" as a cop out for putting in work. You can get stronger in any rep range as long as you're upping the weight.
>>
>>41709510
I wasn't disagreeing with your point, I was just saying that typing out "ppl" instead of "people" is feminine as shit. It'd be less gay to type "I love sucking dick holy shit"
>>
File: 1495297561231.png (181KB, 1868x812px) Image search: [Google]
1495297561231.png
181KB, 1868x812px
Say what you will about SS effectiveness, but people who get emotionally attached to a certain training program need to reevaluate their life choices.
Lift heavy, be consistent, eat healthy and dont wrap your personality around something as silly as the teachings of some glorified high school football coach with a thick dialect and a thicker skull. He has not trained anyone noteworthy whatsoever.
The rippletards here will shout that its a beginner program, which is true. So once you have lifted more than half a year, its time to abandon the misery that are Rippletits apologists
>>
>>41709523
Trolling newfags. We novices look better if the idiots think SS works.
>>
>>41709558
Reminder that the guy who wrote those posts could barely bench 2 pl8 after 10 YEARS and was also DYEL as shit.
>>
>>41709515
>>41709523

maybe beacuse they just didnt read the book and dont understand the fact that all strenght sports athlethes have huge legs and upperbody will have problems catching up

>>41709515
>>41709523

push pull legs/ upper/lower split etc

phul or phat would be ok choice, anything that would emphasize your upper body more than ss
>>
File: 100301_front.jpg (135KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
100301_front.jpg
135KB, 480x640px
>>41709574

Yet he probably look 10x better than the SS poster boy Zach
>>
>>41709310
>ss isnt asthethics but strenght routine for novices where they all should follow pretty much same to build strenght fundamentals, int level is where you can make targets like muuh big chest muuh something

Your so deep in the kool-aid you can't even see what a giant contradiction that is.

You aren't strong if half of your body is weak. Strength and aesthetics aren't even mutually exclusive; stronger typically = bigger. Quit defending a shitty routine with dumbass sound bites.
>>
>>41709574
kek I was in that thread. You are even more moronic than the guy if you believe that shit
>>
>>41709587
But anon,

TEN YEARS.
That's a massive amount of time, and the fact that he thinks managing to be so weak and so ugly after that much work gives him more credibility rather than less is laughable.
>>
>>41709515
>>41709523

You need decent strength and muscles that can endure heavy shit without fatiguing too hard.
This is what SS does. It makes your body ready for whatever the fuck you want to use it for.

After ending SS, feel free to do 5/3/1 or an U/L split. But you need to be able to work such routines first, and be able to recover from a tougher workout.
>>
>>41709587

point out whats bad about this guy, beacuse all I can see is that he needs to cut but muscles are definietly there

I feel like you guys dont understand how easy cutting really is and this guy can easily outpreform you in sport of football where visible abs dont count as shit

only complete fags and idiots dont understand that real athlethe is all about performance in what he does and bodybuilding is just extreme modeling so you shouldnt be comparing this two
>>
>>41709601

wrong, you are strong if your lower body is stronger than upper but upper is p strong too

Im just looking at it from late int perspective, nobody in real sports dont care if your delts are a bit bigger or not, its all about performance
>>
Reminder that if you're ugly, which you almost certainly are, you'll still be ugly after you do a curlbro routine, you'll just be one of those guys who get posted in "why lift when it's all about face" threads. You will NEVER be good looking, you'll just be a caricature. You'll be the guy who girls point at with their friends and say "lol look at anon doesn't he know all that time he spends on weights isn't going to make him look good?" You should just take solace in trying to be strong, since no one will be able to take that from you.
>>
>>41709631

He's fat as fuck and has hardly any muscle mass.

It is deceiving because his fat is spread evenly over his entire body.
>>
>>41709631
>point out whats bad about this guy,

He's completely dyel.
25+% BF.
No traps.
Upper arms the same size as his forearms.
Forearms are tiny, 12in max.
No shoulders.
No chest.
No neck.
I can't see his upper back, but I guarantee you he has big lats and is literally flat as a board in his upper back.
Legs are just fat, wider than hips.

Nothing about the physique is aesthetically pleasing, or even strong.

Being able to bench 1x BW and squat 3x BW isn't strong, it's dumb. Having zero back = looking, and usually being weak as fuck. He's also so fat if that is he actually tried to do anything "functional" outside of squatting a 5rm he'd probably be gassed in 5 minutes.

Nothing about this body is good athletically, visually, "functionally", or fitness wise. This is the body of a fat person that plays video games 10hrs a day, but started doing squats for 3 hours a week.
>>
>>41709721

this is why I said he should cut, but muscle mass according hes tall and he wont gain muscle faster than manlet even if hes capable to have more muscle on him

by his lifts posted by rip he made a lot of strenght progress on ss and thats all this routine is about, not aesthethics
>>
File: DSC02910-300x400.jpg (21KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02910-300x400.jpg
21KB, 300x400px
>>
File: 100301_side.jpg (179KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
100301_side.jpg
179KB, 480x640px
>>
>>41709654
>wrong, you are strong if your lower body is stronger than upper but upper is p strong too

No, you're strong if you're fucking strong. Having a massive squat and shit tier everything else doesn't mean you're strong, it means you're good at squatting.

>blah blah blah size blah blah

Show me someone that OHP 225lbs with small shoulders.
Show me someone that rows 315lbs with a small back.
Show me someone that benches 315lbs with a small back.
Show me someone with those that has small arms.

You retards pour so much intensity into squats at the cost of everything else because you're retarded, not because it makes you "stronger". Protip: you can put that same intensity and effort into driving up your other lifts and actually get strong.
>>
>>41709687
Reminder that the majority of posters on /fit/ have had their insecurities reinforced so viciously by other /fit/ posters that they actually think the kinds of conversations had by normie grills feature gems like
>"doesn't he know all the time he spends on weights isn't going to make him look good?"

jesus fuck, its like the incels on this board were socialized entirely through anime and board culture
>>
>>41709793
t. Chad
You will never know our pain. How dare you try to pretend you know where it comes from
>>
>>41709791

I think you missed the point where I said Im late int and even when ss drives you into t-rex mode it even out on more int stuff, when you see texas method templates for your goals you will actually see that it has way more upper body volume than lower body plus i can post here Micheal Wolf, Pena, Justin Lascek favored by this board, or just link ss insta so you can see how dyel and t-rex guys well past novice mode are
>>
>SS is about teaching fundamentals to rank fucking beginners so they can get a basic understanding of proper lifting as to not hurt themselves and to figure out what route they want to take after plateauing
>lol SS is a troll it makes you look fat muh aesthetics
>dude if you don't look strong your training is worthless

When did /fit/ get to be so fucking dumb? Of course you don't take SS for the aesthetics, you retarded homos. You take it so you don't fucking injure yourself 2 weeks into your crossfit-esque gallivanting trying to get a six-pack so Mary Jane Rottencrotch jumps on your cock at a music festival.

Fucking idiots. You're pretending as if Rippetoe completely ignores the upper body, and you're pretending that you can't ever work out the upper body during or after SS.
>>
>he didn't get aesthetic from starting strength
sorry about your genetics
>>
>>41709919
I did stronglifts and look pretty good. Fucked a girl yesterday and she said my body was fucking amazing. im too fucked up by /fit/ standards to agree, but it was nice nonetheless

Played sports +10 years though. Obviously, this contributed greatly
>>
>>41709731
Worth mentioning his duck footed stance. His back looks locked in an overextended position which means he probably cant engage his core or hips worth a fuck. I can tell by this alone that his preffered method is sumo lifting and sumo "squatting" to barely passed parallel.
>>
This thread again.

It's literally spelled out for you in the name of the program. STARTING STRENGTH.

Are you just STARTING out? No? Then this isn't the program for you.

Is STRENGTH your primary goal? No? Then this isn't the program for you.
>>
>>41709211
Pic related. Starting strength with accessories. You can add pendlay rows in Workout A and replace the curls with face pulls. You can add tricep isolation on Workout B.
>>
>>41710682
Forgot pic kek
>>
>>41709211
SS is for 11 yr olds looking to add 7lbs over the summer for football
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.