[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Niggers what the fuck. I just went to the gym for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1490287755218.jpg (751KB, 1440x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1490287755218.jpg
751KB, 1440x1415px
Niggers what the fuck.

I just went to the gym for the first time today and I didn't do shit(at least I think so)

What does a complete fucking noob do at the beginning?

It doesn't help that the "gym"(more like a tight ass room with 40 year old weights in it) is occupied by some fagget who curls non stop.

I don't have any other possibility to go elsewhere and that place has absolutely nothing.
There's an Olympic bench or something(the one with the big ass handle bar or whatever). There's that thing to train legs and lat pulldowns(similar to this https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/dkscdn/16MCYUMRCY150LBSTGMU_is/)
There are bikes and a treadmill(I run almost daily so I don't use these two things).
That's about it.

What do?
>>
Forgot to mention I benched today and managed about 45 without the olympic bar. That's shit I guess?
>>
>>41706607
That means about 90 I guess? It was one of those big ass long bars
>>
>>41706607
>>41706633
Depends on your bodyweight and what sport you want to do. It's shit if you're 300 lbs and want to be a powerlifter, yes.

Rule of thumb is to aim for 1.5xbodyweight in bench for heavy athletics like shot put or javelin, etc. Martial artists on the olympic level like wrestlers and judoka usually can bench 1.3xbodyweight.

You can look this shit up on google scholar, there are studies on the physiological characteristics of elite athletes.
>>
>>41706960
I'm a skinnyfat bitch and I weigh 82 kg at 183cm.
I managed to lift it for 5 or so reps
>>
>>41706985
>mixing lbs and kg
Oh man.

Okay, you can do about 40 kg (20kg bar + 20 kg weights) for 5. This means your 1 rep max is 46-47 kg according to https://www.karl-ess.com/maximalkraft-rechner/. I just picked one from google at random.

That's like 0.57xbodyweight.

This may sound weak, bot please remember that the bench is a very unnatural movement, so it's rare you're strong at it without training it - in fact, males and female have proportionally the same bench when untrained:
http://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/1990/05000/Relationship_between_Repetitions_and_Selected.4.aspx

Basically, your first goal is to bench your bodyweight 1 time. Next goal is to bench your bodyweight 10 times.

And after that, you're already "strong" for a non-powerlifting or non-bodybuilding athlete.
>>
>>41707076
Right, thanks.

What else could I do with the limited eqipment there?

Tomorrow will be a really slow day over there and practically only I will be there(I was told that they could open the gym just for me for 2 hours) and I don't know what things I could do to maximize my potential
>>
>>41707147
>Pick a routine
>Look up the exercises in the routine in youtube videos to learn the form
>Practice the form with extremely light weight when you go to the gym
>Get the form correct and add weight on subsequent visits
>Eat a fuckload of protein
>sleep 8-10hrs per night

Also, read the sticky
>>
>>41706492
Read the sticky goddamnit
It's not a joke, read the fucking sticky it's the first post on this page just read it
>>
>>41706492
Don't you ever said the N word on this board again. Racism is not allowed here.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.