[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Switched from PPL to Manletdestiny's novice routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

File: 1496642946651.jpg (99KB, 908x714px) Image search: [Google]
1496642946651.jpg
99KB, 908x714px
>Switched from PPL to Manletdestiny's novice routine
>Already making significantly more gains in a month

When did you realize that PPL takes 2x as long to do but gives inferior gains for naturals?
>>
Well?
>>
>>41706275
>When did you realize that PPL takes 2x as long to do but gives inferior gains for naturals?

When I ran PPL for 6 months and made no gains, and infact actually regressed and lost gains.

I don't know though, other people talk about PPL 6 days a week like it's the best thing they've ever done, it sucked assholes for me. The only thing that's really got me results has been Upper/Lower, or Full Body routines.
>>
>>41706275
2 months ago.
Alpha destiny is legit.
>>
>>41706540
The worst thing is that since I don't have a car I need to spend 1.5hrs minimum at the gym each day. 6 days a week when doing ppl. Honestly upper/lower seems better than ppl and more logical.

>>41706549
dude he acts/looks like a retard but I gotta say some of his shit is on fucking point. His routine is legit.

Only thing is I switched close grip bench for incline db press.
>>
Autistdestiny's routine is a full body.

Why are you surpised it works? I've been preaching it for years on here. Full Body routines are best for natural lifters, peroid. No matter what kind of Full Body routine you decide to do...it's always going to the best way to train as a natural. It's as simple as that.

There's nothing special bout his routine other than it's a full body, and all full body routines work extremely well for naturals.

The thing about Full Body routines for naturals is that they're the best regardless of what stage of lifting you're at. IF you're noob FB is best, if you're advanced, FB is best, if you're elite FB is still best.

The only time you should stop doing FB is if you decide to get on steroids.

The only other option for a natural is upper/lower routine, but that's it. FB or U/L.

Anyone who says otherwise here is retarded.

DISCLAIMER: BY FULL BODY ROUTINE, I DON'T JUST MEAN YOU DO STARTING STRENGTH, I'M TALKING ABOUT FULL BODY ROUTINES THAT ACTUALLY HAVE A LOT OF VOLUME AND MANY EXERCISES. THE MORE YOU PROGRESS, THE MORE EXERCISES YOU CAN DO ON THE DAY. SURE IF YOU'RE A NOOB, SS IS GOOD FOR YOUR FIRST 12 WEEKS. BUT WHEN YOU GET MORE ADVANCED (1-2 YEARS IN) YOU CAN DO A LOT MORE EXERCISES ONTOP OF YOUR MAIN LIFTS, LEADING TO GREATER WORKLOAD AND STIMULATION OF ALL MUSCLE GROUPS INCLUDING THE SEXY MUSCLES THAT MINIMALIST FULL BODY ROUTINES LEAVE OUT.
>>
People respond differently to stimuli. What works for some doesnt for others. How this even needs to be written down escapes me, but this board is beyond redemption anyways. Stop taking advice from the retards on this board. Do your research and learn to listen to your body.
>>
>>41706612
What is the difference between natty and roider when it comes to routines.

Is fullbody as a roider suboptimal?
>>
>>41706275
What's your body look like?
>>
>>41706672
Shit but I'm getting stronger.
>>
>>41706689
Fair enough. Glad you found something you like, anon
>>
>>41706612
How many days a week should I do full body routine?
>>
File: Zac.jpg (365KB, 1224x836px) Image search: [Google]
Zac.jpg
365KB, 1224x836px
>>41706640

It's simple. Read this, it'll open up your eyes.

1. Natural lifters can get 100% stimulation for 1 muscle group with just a few sets.

2. Natural lifters heightened protein synthesis only lasts up-to 48 hours after the stimulation has occurred.

>So why are steroid users better doing body-part splits?

1. Steroid lifters DO NOT get 100% stimulation for a muscle group with just a few sets, the steroids increased this stimulation factor 10 fold. Thus, a Steroid lifter may have to do 20 sets or more to actually reach 100% stimulation for 1 muscle group. It is impossible for a Steroid user to hit 20+ sets for each body-part in 1 day, therefore it works out better for them to split it out over the course of 5-7 days, targeting 1 muscle group per day.

2. Steroid lifters heightened protein synthesis lasts for up-to nearly 200 hours after the stimulation has occurred, far far longer than a natural lifter. Thus, allowing the Steroid Lifter to train 1 body-part once every week.
>So what have we learned?

A) Natural Lifters should do A FEW sets for each body-part every 48 hours.
B) Steroid users should do A LOT of sets for each body-part every 200 hours.
Man, I can't believe I'm giving this information out for free, I should be fucking charging you cunts.
>>
>>41706821
>trolling this hard
>>
>>41706821
Wtf so should I use steroids then

Can I just run low dose test and make GAINS?
>>
>>41706821
OK so as a natural I should be doing a full body workout 3x a week?
>>
>>41706821
>tfw been doing a steroid user routine for the last 5 months doing 1 body part per day
>tfw gym bro is on roids and I'm natty
>tfw been following a roiders routine and not making as many gains as I could have

GOD DAMNIT
>>
>>41706871
>HURRR DURR I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE SAID THEREFORE ITS TROLLING

Please point out the incorrect information in the post. As far as I'm concerned everything I posted is 100% fact, not a single shred of bro-science in it, I fucking hate bro-science anyway. What I said is what all the studies on natural and enhanced lifters have told us.

-Natty lifters stop growing after 48 hours
-Natty lifters get full stimulation with just a few sets.

-Enhanced lifters stop growing after 200 hours
-Enhanced lifters need shit loads of sets to get full stimulation.

That is all 100% fact.

You only grow more on steroids because steroids allow the body to do more work and recover from that extra work. That's literally scientific factual information, not bro-science.
>>
Bout a year ago, since then my lifts flew up.
>>
>>41706275
So what routines do you propose for a natty beginner?
>>
>>41706902
If you plan on staying natural for your entire life and want the best possible results for your effort/time spent in the gym, yes.

Do not get me wrong, that does not mean you should only do a minimalist full body routine. You do a full body routine, but you make sure you actually have a decent amount of exercises.

That said, you can still do a bro-split and look good, but you're spending a shit load more days/hours in the gym for no additional benefit, in-fact for many this means spending more days in the gym, but with less results, not very efficient use of time now is it?
>>
>>41706902
Yes. 2-4x per week.
>>
>>41707025
HOW A NATURAL LIFTER SHOULD TRAIN

Novice = [Low] volume Full Body 3x per week

Intermediate = [Moderate] volume Full Body 3x per week

Advanced = [High] volume Full Body 3x per week

Elite = [Very High] volume Full Body 3x per week

You can attempt to change that to 2x per week, or 4x per week, hell, even try 6x per week (with volume spread out evenly).

That's it. Doing anything else means you're not being effective/efficient with your time on this planet.
>>
>>41706884
You should use steroids only if you want to be able to train like a steroid user and get steroid results.

Otherwise just stick to natural training methods.
>>
>>41707089
Would spreading volume to 6x per week look something like a really high frequency upper lower split (ULULULx) then?
>>
I don't care what /fit/ says brosplits are fun
>>
What about P.H.A.T

Is that a good choice for natties?
>>
>>41706275
What is this routine?
>>
File: Untitled.png (58KB, 860x917px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
58KB, 860x917px
>>41707129
Not sure exactly what you mean by that.

What you do is just take the volume you normally do over 3 days on your full body and split it up over 6 days.

This is explained in the "Norwegian experiment" where a bunch of people on study split their typical 3 day per week full body training into 6 mini full body sessions. So at the end of the day they all still trained with the same volume they normally do, but split it out of 6 days instead of 3.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/

pic related: snapshot of that link
>>
I've long been a Fullbody advocate, but I recently made a slight change by doing all of my Pulls on Sunday, all of my Pushes on Monday, then back to a Fullbody-A on Wednesday and Fullbody-B on Friday. It's a good compromise between Push/Pull and Fullbody.

Ad's stuff is pretty good. I think an idle situation is start with GSLP until you're out of total noob mode, then get into Alpha's stuff if you're a male. The best aspect is that he programs for thickness and trains neck. I'm a big fan of training both the back specifically and anything on the back of your body to give you that 3-d look of a man (lats, triceps, traps, delts, glutes), which are the muscles that are lagging on the general population, both trained and untrained.
>>
>>41706821
>>41706949
>>41707089
Thanks for you wisdom.
>>
>>41707238
>idle
Meant ideal. Posting without BCAAs.
>>
>>41707154
I disagree. I use to do bro-splits for many years. I got sick and tired of just blasting 1 muscle group. It gets annoying after awhile. I guess if you're fucking around and just having fun and not really trying, then yeah, brosplits can be fun. But its very hard to "push" yourself and progress much on them, because doing tons of sets for 1 muscle group can be extremely painful and hard to get through because of how boring it can become just training 1 muscle group for an hour.

Full Body is fun because you only do a few sets for a bodypart, progress on it, then move onto the next.

When you read up on the science and realise that your 20 sets of chest exercises were utterly pointless because your chest got it's full stimulation that it will get in the next 48 hours from just your first few solid sets, it then really becomes hard to just ignore the reality/facts/science that you're just wasting your time doing all that excessive volume as a natty.
>>
>>41707193
good stuff. Didnt know this article. Thanks for spreading some actual knowledge backed by studies. Read some of Nuckols' articles, a lot of people here could learn something
>>
File: 1467567997109.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1467567997109.png
1MB, 852x854px
So what is a good fullbody routine for somebody who did SL5X5 and now wants something more serious?

Have been on PPL for a week or two now btw
>>
>>41707347
>>41707347

You know what? You should actually just keep doing your PPL. Just as a learning experience, so you can realise how worthless it is for you as a natural.

It's easy for me to sit here after many years of natty lifting experience and tell you to just quit the PPL now, but you wont really get why I'd tell you to stop doing it, not unless you do the routine yourself and experience how shit it is.

But if you are willing to take my word for it now, it depends on where your strength level is at. If you're intermediate you can literally get back on SL 5x5 , but just add additional lifts to the routine after the main lifts. If you're novice or intermediate and stalling it's mostly going to be a calorie intake/sleep issue.
>>
>>41707400
this dude knows what he's talking about. PPL is a meme.
>>
File: cia.png (813KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
813KB, 900x900px
>>41707303
>extremely painful
>>
Can someone post the routine? I'm looking for something new.
>>
>>41707167
No. Pretty hot and tempting women are gains goblins natty or not
>>
File: 1471139810735.jpg (35KB, 329x449px) Image search: [Google]
1471139810735.jpg
35KB, 329x449px
>still arguing about which routine is best for natty lifters
i personally do PPL right now with full body on saturday. am i opposed to changing it? no. it also depends on your goals. do you wanna get strong? or look big? just go to the gym and lift. the biggest things are time+consistency.
>>
>>41707303
This

doing 4 sets of 4 different exercises for 1 muscle group was boring and I made less gains than do now doing a full body workout
>>
What's a good fullbody routine for aesthetics if that even exists? natty btw
>>
>>41707752
this. Too many aspies here obsess over things
>>
Hows this for nattys ?
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters
>>
So according to this, would it be good to split up the alphadestiny routine into 6 days like in the Norwegian experiment for maximum gains?
>>
>>41706540
I've done PPL for 9 months and have made good gains senpai, maybe youre just low test beta.
>>
i love how all you autists obsess over routines and splits when 99% of your problems with making gains could be fixed if you just worked harder in the gym
>>
>>41707089
This has been working so well for me, I almost feel lazy. I just keep getting stronger and it doesn't seem like I'm working out that much. The biggest change was getting enough protein and making sure to rest a lot between workouts. I'm at 171 lb which is the heaviest I've ever been. Low end for me is 150 lb if I'm not eating enough and not working out. Muscle, not fat.
>>
>>41706275
>>41706549
>>41706579
>>41706612
>>41706978
Anyone? Post the routine or at least a link
>>
File: 1434210316717.jpg (47KB, 934x652px) Image search: [Google]
1434210316717.jpg
47KB, 934x652px
>>41707303
You're a big guy.
>>
>>41706275
I like it for beginners. I know it's not the best for gains but noobgains are easy anyways. Working out everyday helps the noobs get in a routine and get hooked on the exercise jew.
>>
>>41708609
Google alphadestiny novice dude
>>
>>41706821
Huh, this actually answers a lot of questions I had.
>>
>>41706949
Post a source then you fucking retard
>>
I started off with PPL, didn't get much gains.

Did SL and hit 1/2/3/4pl8 for working sets except diddylift, which was only 10lb or so under.

Now on pplpplx as wanted to bodybuild and my size has exploded.

Can anyone riddle this for me? Was the volume on pplpplx just too much for me as a novice?
>>
So what I've gathered here is:
>Novice: Starting Strength or StrongLifts
>Intermediate: The Texas Method
>Advanced: Beyond 5/3/1 or Juggernaut Method

Sound appropriate?
>>
>>41708699
Apparently there are a few different kinds of hypertrophy triggered by different tonnage during a training session. The kind aimed for during your typical intermediate aesthetic program requires a decent amount of muscle already there to be really effective.
>>
>>41708347
>complains about a routine discussion thread
>on a fitness image board
>>
>>41708760
>he thinks this is a fitness image board
>not a Mongolian silk weaving board
>>
>>41706612
kek
>>
>>41708833
double dubs of truth
>>
>>41708247
Someone please answer this
>>
>>41707798
Reg park 5x5
>>
So what full body routine should I do?

I don't want to deadlift and I don't want to flat barbell bench.
>>
>>41708247
Fucking shut up and just lift heavy, eat lots of food and sleep at night you fucking retard. Gains are dependent on restitution and genetics, no meme program is going to fix that.

A nigger with a pullup bar and a large enough dirt floor to do pushups might legit have better results than you even if you had a chef and 3 personal trainers and a 11/10 sex godess as motivation. Lift, eat, sleep. All you can do, all you should do and stressing over programs is legit killing your gainz. Stop it.
>>
There's so much misinformation. Training a muscle once a week is ideal for most people unless they are complete beginners. Why? Because injury is the most common reason why people don't make progress, and although your muscles might recover in 48 hours your tendons do not. Once a week ensures that you won't injury yourself. Another reason is that training a muscle "once a week" doesn't actually happen: you're hitting a muscle once a week, but while you're doing the larger muscles you're still activating the smaller muscles. (Try doing a lat pulldown without working out your biceps or a bench press without your triceps. It's impossible.) And a final reason is that for most of us in this forum we're here for the long haul, and that means being consistent. For some people going to the gym everyday is the key to being consistent, and lifting everyday is helpful for them.
>>
>>41706275
Post pics u that follows full body rutines, bet u all look like shit while people doing ppl look great.
>>
>>41709046
This is a fitness board you dumb nigger.
Of course we are going to discuss different routines, it's literally what this board is for.
>>
>>41709262
>that one triggered illiterate
>>
>>41709336
>being this new
Its for hooking up with other buff faggots you fucking queer.
>>
>>41709091
>Bait.jpg
>>
>>41706275
gib me a good full body or ppl routine with not much volume.
Alphadestiny's looks shitty.
>>
>>41709634

enjoy ur tendonitis
>>
>>41709669
It involves a loaded gun, your finger and your head. Its real easy and you only have to do it once to leave humanity behind.
>>
>>41709030
>I don't want to deadlift and I don't want to flat barbell bench.
Never gonna make it.
>>
>>41709669
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/total-package-workout

Gonna need volume.
>>
>>41706612
Just wanted to quote this post to say thanks for providing some real insight. This in addition to your other posts on this thread are a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>41708471
What program you running ?
>>
>>41709091
>Once a week ensures that you won't injury yourself

Lol what? If anything it's the opposite.

Lower frequencies routines are what injury people because they aren't doing their lifts frequently enough. Lower frequency generally equals to shittier form/technique because you're not doing each specific lift frequently enough to learn the movement properly.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.