[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have some questions about this routine, and other stuff.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: routine.jpg (50KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
routine.jpg
50KB, 700x600px
I have some questions about this routine, and other stuff.
-Would it be acceptable to change the main lifts from 3x5 to 3x8 and get rid of AMRAP?
-Am I supposed to increase weight every session or every week?
-I want to go to the gym every day, is there anything I can do on my rest days? Bodyweight, cardio, abs, etc?
-Should I do the very popular and well rated Reddit PPL instead?
>https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
>i asked this in qtddtot and got no replies
>>
>>41699710
amrap is a central part of the program so not doing it is kinda missing the point
>>
>>41699710
>3x5 or 3x8
you can do whatever you prefer, but 3x5 is better for strength gains. And yes you can get rid of the AMRAP, it's not gonna make a big difference
>Am I supposed to increase weight every session or every week?
Every session. You can do it since you're a novice. Use micro-plates since you won't be able to sustain big jumps every session for long. Milk your linear progression gains.
>I want to go to the gym every day, is there anything I can do on my rest days? Bodyweight, cardio, abs, etc?
Yes, but you have to slowly incorperate it into your program since you wouldn't be able to recover for your next lifting session. When you've adapted, You can do LISS cardio (low intensity cardio) every day or on rest days. And maybe GPP work 1-2x a week.
>Should I do the very popular and well rated Reddit PPL instead?
NO. It's absolute dog crap for naturals and especially beginners. You will get the best gains on a fullbody 3x a week program such as OP's pic.
Hope that answered your questions.
>>
>>41699710
The guy that wrote that has a max squat of 275lbs lmao
>>
>>41700668
>you can do whatever you prefer, but 3x5 is better for strength gains
This is no true.
>>
>>41699710
I have been doing this program since february, seeing some really nice gains.
keep the 3x5 amrap
>>
>>41701313
no one cares how much you squat, the only thing that matters is how you look
>>
>>41701313
By the time I stopped using it my max squat was 365
>>
No to all your questions. Do the fucking program as written. Literally everything you need to know is in the picture.
>>
File: iLhAJBl.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
iLhAJBl.png
47KB, 547x465px
I'm doing this variant, just started (switched from SS after doing it for 3 months).
Made good gains on SS strength and weight-wise, but my bench and OHP have started to stall out.

I did my first day of this yesterday but didn't really feel "burned out", is this normal, what do ?
>>
>>41702530
add accessories
>>
>>41702563

Do you have any tips as to what should I do and when? As you can imagine my arms are lacking, is there any specific exercise that I should do on OHP days / Bench days?
>>
>>41702607
if ur arms are lacking , isolate them. no point doing dips if ur arms are weak and ur shoulders and chest is just gonna take over.
rotate between 3x10 curls and 3x10 overhead extensions between workouts
>>
>>41702951
My arms aren't really weak just not big, I am a lanklet with long af arms. Currently I can do like 25 BW dips but since we have no dip belt its really not doing it.
>>
>>41703201
Triceps pushdown, curls (different types), floor press...
For lanklets arm development, volume is the key
>>
>>41703201
do closegrip bench dummy, maybe even superset them with dips
>>
>>41702951
>no point doing dips if ur arms are weak and ur shoulders and chest is just gonna take over.
that is not possible lmao
>>
>>41699710
i thought i was looking at code for a second
>>
>>41702461
If you don't care about strength at all then don't do a full body routine with low volume
>>
>>41702607
dips, curls, skullcrushers, wrist curls, power cleans is what i add
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.