[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G'day /fit/. Tomorrow I shalt be going to the gym with intentions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (832KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
832KB, 3264x2448px
G'day /fit/. Tomorrow I shalt be going to the gym with intentions to perform physical exercises. I'm looking for tips on getting started with the whole healthy gym lifestyle. What am I supposed to do in the gym (what excercises should I do? See pic ). All help is appreciated
>>
gay?
>>
>>41698758
Pick up heavy things
>>
>>41698768
Ah yes
>>
>>41698758
In all seriousness for the first couple of times you go just feel out the gym and get used to going on a consistent basis, then start to worry about your routine
>>
>>41698758
Looks like it's summer time, boys.
Look OP, I'm gonna be nice because I'm feeling alright today. There's a sticky at the top of the board, with a dinosaur gif and everything on it. Please read it. It should contain everything you're looking for to get started.

Don't wanna read it all? A bold move, but whatever. Look up Starting Strength and do that for 6 months. It's a 3 days a week, Monday Wednesday, Friday routine meant to get you into decent shape so you can then start a decent routine. I've been told you can add some extra upper body work if you wanna, but I didn't when I started, so I don't know what to recommend.

Good luck OP.
>>
Mtf?
>>
>>41698863
I don't suck dick often enough
>>
>>41698853
wow, i was going to straight up call him a faggot, thank you
>>
>>41698853
Ill be back in 6 months
>>
>>41698758
Read the sticky
>>
>>41698853

This anon gives great advice.

The only thing I would add is that you can never underestimate diet. In fact, it's like 75% diet and 25% exercise.

1. Count your calories. Don't fuck up like I did and get too few. Use a calorie calculator - answer everything honestly or you'll fuck yourself up. I wound up cutting ultra hard and wound up in the hospital without being able to do anything for like 3 and a half months. I looked like a cancer patient.

2. If you're going to get calories - get them clean. Don't think "I worked hard today, so I can have a burger and fries." That might be okay once every two weeks or so, but if you're eating like that more often than that you're going to not see very good gains.

Stick to fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and good bread / rice for carbs / calories. My go to for calories are those Lindt bars of dark chocolate - 90% dark. Count your calories - count how many you need and try your best.

3. Focus on form. Don't fuck up your body or mess up your form trying to lift heavy weights. Do the exercise right or don't do it at all.

4. You seem like you're brand spankin' new - so try to watch out for DOMS. It's a good thing, but just be aware that it's going to be around for like two weeks. Muscle through it and you'll be a better man for it.

Looking forward to seeing you in six months!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.