[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to use protein powder while trying to lose body fat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1496643181431[1].jpg (38KB, 466x470px) Image search: [Google]
1496643181431[1].jpg
38KB, 466x470px
Is it okay to use protein powder while trying to lose body fat at the same time? I am 186cm and 74 kgs yet my belly and legs are pretty disgusting and fat looking, but my upper body and arms are skinny. Also I have been exercising for 4 months or so and I feel like I don't progress anymore
>>
Choose one at a time my dude.

Read the sticky - it tells you why.
>>
>186cm and 74 kg
why would you want to lose weight, you anorexic DYEL?
>>
>>41689812
Split pathway ahead OP

You can either lose the fat you have now by simply eating less, which will leave you with no fat and no muscle; OR you can gain muscle now by eating at a surplus and lifting weights, which will leave you with some fat and some muscle.

Either way, getting to your next form isn't a straight line it's a two step process. Gain muscle; cut fat. OR cut fat; gain muscle. You can't do both at the same time, and this isn't even a meme "Yes I can I'll prove you all wrong!! :D" thing it's literally the laws of science mean you cannot gain muscle on a calorie deficit, and you cannot lose fat on a calorie surplus.

To be honest, the best way for you is to gain muscle first. Not only will you look better even at higher bf% with more muscle, but if you cut now you'll still have to gain muscle, which will result in fat gains which will need to be cut

Basically it's either cut-bulk-cut or bulk-cut

Bulk now, cut later. Remember to lift though
>>
>>41690105
I don't want to lose weight, I want to lose my belly and upper leg fat. I know spot reduction is not possible but would protein powder make it hard for these parts to go away?
>>
>>41690807
That's what exactly I am asking, so I can bulk now and not look like an obese ? I am lifting but I can't imagine how would my belly look, since it's already fat, and if I gain weight it will look way worse right?
>>
>>41689812
>I am 186cm and 74 kgs yet

Yet? You think that's thin? Lmao fuck off fatty
>>
Well most proteins powders are like 20-22g protein then like 1g carb, 1g fat. You need protein to repair muscle tissue so it's fine. Doesn't fill you up as much as actual physical food. Just make sure it's not a mass gainer as those are loaded with cals
>>
>>41692219
I bought Optimum Nutrition's double chocolate one, it says %100 whey
>>
>>41691748
It's not thin but it's not fat either, I looked up on BMI, it says normal
>>
>>41689920
Doesn't the sticky say that exercising in tandem with lifting is the most effective way to lose weight?

Shoo, gains goblin
>>
>>41689812
most diet shakes are mostly whey protein

it fills you up and enables you to reach a caloric deficit without feeling to hungry
>>
>>41691401
Stop being a pussy and start bulking. You can't get big without getting a bit fat
>>
dont listen to mouthbreathers like >>41692482 they will have you getting fat as fuck because of this bulking meme. you are already fat. keep lifting and go on a calorie deficit, i dont know what you look like but at your height/weight shouldt be too long to get rid of most of the flab. just keep in mind that you wont make any gains while doing this.

and most protein supplements are low calories, its ok to take them
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.