[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any good workouts specifically tailored to meet and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Marines-the-few-the-proud-EGA.png (133KB, 924x486px) Image search: [Google]
Marines-the-few-the-proud-EGA.png
133KB, 924x486px
Anyone have any good workouts specifically tailored to meet and exceed the Marine physical fitness requirements so I don't get laughed at boot camp. Anyone have a program that could help me out? I don't need to lose weight and am already at a mediocre level of fitness with a 8 minute mile, 85 push ups in a minute, and the ability to do 20 pull ups. I'm 20 by the way.
>>
>>41684950
Pull ups and running. That's all they focus on.
>>
>>41685057
If you're a Marine, what's the level they tend to like the best. Recruiter said getting it down to 7 minutes would be ideal. But I've been told to check everything the recruiter says.
>>
>>41684950
Mile? Don't they do 1.5 mile?

t. Poolee
>>
>>41684950
Also focus on core (Ie: cruches) because you'll be doing A LOT of that.
>>
>>41685258
Actually, how long until you ship out?
>>
>>41685250
Yeah, but I was just giving a mile as my standard running ability. 1.5 miles I can do in 10 minutes.
>>
The pft is easy as fug just run and do crunches and pull ups its not rocket science kid, you have to be a shitbag to fail an ist or pft - carpool of Marins
>>
>>41685095
18 minutes for 3 miles is perfect score. Under 20 is excellent for boot
>>
>>41685445
Thanks for the info if I can get the 3 mile down to down to 23 minutes in the next few months would I catch much grief from the sergeant about it? What do guys normally score?
>>
>>41684950
You will want to see this. http://www.marines.mil/News/News-Display/Article/822721/stronger-faster-and-fitter-cmc-overhauls-usmc-fitness-program/
> The Marine Corps has announced today that revisions have been made to its physical fitness program, to include the Physical Fitness Test (PFT), Combat Fitness Test (CFT) and the Body Composition Program (BCP).
The PFT is pullups, crunches, and a 3-mile run. iirc the pullups include chinups in the definition, but check that. You'll want to score at least 225 points to be "in shape." That is 15 pullups, 75 crunches, and 22:10 for the run.
I suggest alternate days of working out, for 4-6 sessions a week.
On strength days, keep it simple. Start with pullups and do 20-30 in as few sets as possible. Then do some weights for general strength, whatever you want, SS is fine, calisthenics is fine, whatever. Then finish this workout with 100-130 crunches in as few sets as possible.
On running days, again, keep it simple. 2-3 rotating workouts. 1) run 3 miles for time. 2) run for 30 minutes or so. 3) 60:120 intervals (google it) for 6-8 repeats.
The CFT, don't worry about that too much. If you're in shape for the PFT and doing some strength training besides just pullups and crunches, no problem.
The BCP, watch your weight, keep a flat belly, don't worry about abs. Remember
>The Marine Corps has taken physical performance into consideration when considering BCP. Marines scoring 285 and higher on both the PFT and CFT will now be exempt from height and weight standards. Marines who score between 250 and 284 will have their maximum body fat percentage increased by one percent.
>>
>>41684950
I know everyone here hates Alan Thrall, but he did give some pretty good bootcamp fitness advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy41a_RtzNo

He's right when he says running is important, but overall strength will make things easier. When I went to bootcamp back in 2009 I could run forever but had absolutely no upper body strength or total body strength. Needles to say, I had a bad time.
>>
>>41685506
When you get there, before you even get put in your platoon you'll run a mock PFT that's only 1.5 miles. You do good on that, say 12 minutes and you'll get put into the middle group of runners when you PT. They had dumb names like rabbits and sloths etc. You won't catch any flak for running that time. Keep in mind there's plenty of people who join straight out of HS or college and have zero athletic ability. And yes the pullups can be chinup also, either way. It's dead hang though.
>>
Just do pullups every single day and work on the run. The crunches are easy
>>
>>41684950
As a marine, It really doesnt matter what people think in bootcamp. No one talks shit about physical fitness. They look down more at you if you are the main cause of the whole platoon getting fucked up on a daily basis.

The 1st class pft standards are a score of 235. You can literally max out crunches and pullups and just jog out a 23 minutes on the run and hit a high 1st class pft. I hate running so thats what i end up doing anyway.

Focus more on what job you want. PFT scores play a role in getting your performance. PFT scores also play a huge role in your special liberties in mos school.

Each pull-up = 5 points
20 pull-ups = perfect 100 points

Each sit up = 1 point
100 sit ups = perfect 100 points

3 mile run
18:00 mins = perfect score
6 points deducted for each minute after 18:00 from 100.
>>
File: 1496518565106.jpg (144KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496518565106.jpg
144KB, 600x800px
>>41684950
6276 reporting in. as long as u can do ur pullups and crunches u can just skate on the run
>>
>>41687432
This man knows his shit
>>
For Boot Camp you're fine, maybe work on getting your run time down in the 7 min range.

If you can actually do 20 deadhangs you're already physically stronger then the vast majority of recruits.

t. Prior enlisted officer who is currently stationed at an entry level school
>>
>>41684950
You shouldn't be worried about what people think of you in boot camp. People will be so nervous to fuck up in front of their DI that they won't be paying attention to you. You only need to worry about meeting the PFT and ASVAB requirements. Once you pass and actually get into boot camp they'll sort your fitness out.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.