[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm 24, skinnyfat and want to start lifting. I wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1492084067792.png (250KB, 740x557px) Image search: [Google]
1492084067792.png
250KB, 740x557px
So I'm 24, skinnyfat and want to start lifting. I wanted to do SL5x5 or SS.
My goal is to improve my looks, I don't really care about strength.
Some say those are bad routines for aesthetics, but others say I should build a strength foundation before I start worrying about looks.

What programs do fit my needs? Yesterday someone recommended Ivysaur's 4-4-8 program, but I would like to get more opinions.
>>
There's a simple answer to your question: any. You're a beginner, and novice gains will pave over deficiencies in any program. Hell, even hardcore natty brosplitters (body part once a week) get gains when new.
>>
>>41680311
Also, there's a common belief that for aesthetics, you'll need a strength base. That's arguable, but very common.

SL/SS is in the low rep range and makes you accustomed to excercises and the technique needed for them.

If I were you (started at 23, also skinnyfat), I'd take a 5X5 or something similar, throw in accessory work (biceps, triceps isolations, shit like that) and just take my novice gains. After that switch to a higher volume program - because your body will need higher volume to get a response.
>>
Check out Greyskull LP, slight emphasis on aesthetics compared to SS, and the progression is just way more fun
>>
Is this a good workout for a skinnyfat 19 year old, 5ft 8 or 9, 150Ib guy?

Workout A:

Bench Press - 5x5
Cable Pulldown - 4x10
Seated DB Shoulder Press - 3x8
Cable Rows - 3x8
Incline Machine Chest Press - 3x10

Workout B:

Barbell Squats: 5x5
Romanian Deadlift: 3x6
Leg Press: 3x8
Standing DB Calf Raises: 4x12

It's sort of a custom workout, I had to substitute some because the appropriate equipment wasn't in my gym.
>>
>>41680413
Looks like a minimalistic upper/lower split. Try it and modify it, if nescessary.
>>
>>41680430
Modify it how?
>>
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>41680446
Let's say you want to include more biceps isolations. Then toss some curls in.
>>
>>41680413
Bench
incline
rack pull
rows
facepull
tricep exercise
bicep exercise
>>
>>41680469
>>41680491

So is a different program that doesn't care for upper/lower splits better? Would this or something like SS/4-4-8 benefit me more?

And if there's nothing wrong with it, do I add these suggestions to Workout B? I don't want to overload one day with too much.
>>
File: greyskull-lp-arms-plugin.jpg (28KB, 703x114px) Image search: [Google]
greyskull-lp-arms-plugin.jpg
28KB, 703x114px
>>41680398
What does alternating mean? Do I do both exercises on one day?
>>
Ivysaur beginner is great if you add accesories, I've been doing his intermediate and my lifts are going up 2.5-5kg per week.
>>
>>41680311

SS worked for me in the end, you have to remember you wont be aesthetic with any beginner program but as long as you aren't a fat shit, you will look better as long as you are progressing your lifts.

I wasted so much fucking time going between SS, SL and worrying about accessory it makes me mad.

If I could go back I would have just done SS, with chins and pullups as included and end each session with some ab work like rollouts. If you really want to, just throw in a couple sets of curls/isolations on Friday or something.

Just get stronger and remember to eat if you are a dyel, you can do more accessory when you finish SS. You should only be on SS for a few months if you run it properly and recover.

I used to think people were memeing when they said what I just said but it really is true. Follow the program as writtin, recover and you'll be done with SS in no time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.