[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Testing in 2 months. Fastest way to master the 1.5 mile run?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: borderpatrol-AP_3.jpg (19KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
borderpatrol-AP_3.jpg
19KB, 350x262px
Testing in 2 months.

Fastest way to master the 1.5 mile run?

Pushups required are like 22, and I get 88 without stopping. Situps are just as well, but I've always been a gymrat and have no idea what to do when it comes to cardio?

tl;dr please help, only know how to put things up and down, need advice on 1.5 mile run progression and cardio
>>
>>41679740
Maybe you should test yourself then report back here with your time.
>>
>>41679759
Sure. I came in at 15:15 this Wednesday.
>>
>>41679943
What's the minimum time?
>>
>>41679740
>>41679978
Answer his question you total retard. He's trying to be polite and you're being downright disrespectful. Spastic idiot. Get a life loser.
>>
>>41679978
the minimum is 15 minutes of course. You run a lot more and a lot harder once you're in the academy. I know I can beat the entry tests, I need to get in actual shape for the academy though.

I have access to a gym and I can also run outside. I just feel like just doing it is not the best tactic, as I'd rather be moving forward than just spinning my wheels in place.
>>
File: good-form-running.jpg (283KB, 720x755px) Image search: [Google]
good-form-running.jpg
283KB, 720x755px
>>41680046
Run outside. Running gets easier the more you do it. You can look into some programs like C25K; just make sure you have proper form (pic related) since running is pretty dangerous if you run improperly. Start slow and run slow - most of your training runs should be easy runs.

Maybe get a friend or something to run with you, makes it a lot more fun.
>>
>>41680084
Not op but i found that running with the "quick strides, not extending leg" thing caused me to have back pain when running.

Also you're slow as fuck that way.

>Need to run 1.86 mile in 12 min
>Do it in 20 atm
>Hue
>>
File: British army 1.5 miler.png (82KB, 544x190px) Image search: [Google]
British army 1.5 miler.png
82KB, 544x190px
>>41680046
>the minimum is 15 minutes of course
Why is that a matter of course? 15 minutes is hilariously slow, you can walk that shit.
I clocked 8:58 on my infantry reserves selection and I was worried about failing.
Run three miles at least every other day and you'll transform that fat ass of yours in two months.
>>
>>41680123
Yea I don't really agree with the cadence thing but everything else is good
>>
>>41679740
Marathoner here. You can make great progress in a 1.5 mile run in 2 months. No need for a couch to 5k routine. If you can already run that far without stopping, you are gonna be fine. I'd run a program of 6 days a week if I were you. Run your 1.5 every other day, time yourself as you run and make sure you beat your last runs time every run. Days in between do sprint work and some form of HIIT. You'll make great progress in 2 months just doing that. You could also mix in a few longer runs but if all you care about is the 1.5 mile time, there's really no need for it.
>>
>>41680124
cool bro, my last 15 mile run in the infantry was 8 years ago. I ain't running those old run-times anymore.
Also I'm 235 lb @ 6 ft. 17% bodyfat currently.
>>41680176
thanks bud, will do what you said.
>>41680084
just my gf, but she's 110 lb and cannot run for chit. Then I have my old Army Ranger bud, and I don't feel like being put to shame over and over again lol.
>>
Do the 1,5 miles. Run at decent speed as long as you can and then rest by walking slow or running slow . do this every day and try to get the periods of rest down while maintaining the speed.
>>
>>41680265
I'd run with your army ranger bud. He'll push you to go further and he'll give you a much clearer goal to reach. Also don't worry about being embarrassed, we all gotta start somewhere.
>>
>>41679983
He wasn't being rude at all Paco.
>>
>>41679943
Fucking kidding me bro? I run 2.0 in 17:21
Keep up the pace don't slow down to a comfortable place.
>>
>>41679740
Always remeber to carry a pack of tisues. Believe me, you do not want to be reduced to wiping your ass with leaves or drag your butt on the grass like a dog.

If you are not used to runing, expct some new bowel movement, thus you want to be prepared when the urge to fond a nearest bush comes
>>
You slow non cardio fags I run two miles out of shape in 13:20
>>
Not that it's too hard, but practice that fuckin step test
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.