[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel like they're getting more confused

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Does anyone else feel like they're getting more confused the more fitness theory they read? I read the actual scientific articles about hypertrophy and strength training, but there's just so many possible variations you can do on everything.

>work out every day, or every other day
>let each muscle group rest for 24-48 h
>for compound lifts ("bigger muscles"), you may need to rest them +72h
>do deadlifts only once a week, or three times a week
>do reps until volitional failure, or technical failure
>reps vs sets vs load vs volume
>volume is all that matters, given enough load
>do linear progression even though exponential processes are much more common in biological systems
>do deloading so and so often
>a whole week of full-body recovery is great to incorporate
>mixing grip every session is good
>completely kill one muscle group with several exercises targeting it during one session, or break it down using different exercises across sessions

Maybe I should just lift instead and let my scale, measuring tape, and Excel be the judge
>>
>>41666463
you could do all that....or you could be black and be fucking ripped and swole as fuck. But sadly you aren't lol. pathetic white men will never learn. you can't compare to superior black men, not even in your wildest dreams. it's 2017 sweetie, it's time to wake up :)
>>
Dude, you know that that's a pliers and not a bird, right?
>>
>>41666491
Original
>>
File: 1496427264788.png (615KB, 540x537px) Image search: [Google]
1496427264788.png
615KB, 540x537px
When it comes down to it guys that try hard succeed. Nerds who think they're trying hard blame their genetics or their programming.
>>
File: 1468448212092.jpg (39KB, 998x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468448212092.jpg
39KB, 998x720px
>>41666491
I don't know why you somehow think this kind of shitposting is any less cancerous than the actual vegan trap. Do you really have nothing better to do on a Friday night?
>>
@41666491
>tripfag
>weak race baiting

Kill yourself tbqh
>>
the most importance factors in gaining muscle:

1. diet

MASSIVE POWERGAP

2. sleep

POWERGAP

3. going to the gym regularly

POWERGAP

4. what you do at the gym
>>
>>41666539
stupid white male I AM THE REAL VEGAN TRAP. just like you have to call me a she/her in public you will refer to me as the vegan trap because i demand you use it as such to address me. Oh and if you don't do it in public ill call the cops on you and have you arrested for demeaning a tranny. If you don't do it here then it just adds to the fact that you are a white male virgin and you will never get laid. revel in knowing black men with their 12 inch dicks are superior to you in every way sweetie :)
>>
>Excel
Are you really using proprietary software? Let alone Microsoft malware.
>>
>>41666463

All of the things you read are true, but the most important thing is context.
You lack knowledge of the fundamentals of muscle growth and the means to stimulate its linear progression and have focused on highly situational minutiae as a result.
Programming doesnt matter if you have poor adherance, Volume doesnt matter if you leave zero room for recovery (youll end up with more tissue breakdown,than synthesis), Alternating grip position is largely a matter of preference and the lever arms of the individual, and that varies by exercise.

You shouldnt focus on soundbites so much.
Eric Helms made a pretty good book explaining a lot of this. I think PLG has a copy of his Muscle and Training Pyramids somewhere in their general
>>
>>41666645
You don't know that the OP lacks the fundamentals you dickhead.
OP I have found the same thing in different fields that I've read about/studied. Often the more I learn about something the more confused I feel, as I get a stronger knowledge of the subject I start to question people who imply that the subject is simple. I remind myself that I'm still more knowledgable than I was before I read more. Simplification can sometimes be a good thing, if it focuses on the most important factors. But it takes a deep level of knowledge to understand if a simplification is valid. An example in relation to weight training that I have come to believe is that for hypertrophy, progression of overall volume is one of the most important factors. Another example is that I believe specificity of training is very important, meaning that one should be able to explain very clearly what the specific goal is, and why the training will assist in attaining it. A goal might be part of the process of attaining a larger goal. For example, rugby players aiming to increase leg strength (goal) for scrummaging (bigger goal) to win matches (overall goal). In my opinion, the strength training component and skill training components can and probably should be completely seperate in order to be optimal. I think this is true of training for power, strength, hypertrophy, endurance and skill.

In general, anyone who says things are very simple probably doesn't have a strong knowledge of a subject, and won't be able to provide a solidly reasoned conceptual basis for their advice if pushed. As I become more knowledgeable about a subject, I think it's important to only seek information from leading experts, and usually I want their claims to be backed strongly by data.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.