[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help /fit/ I want to become a runner I ran this this morning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2087.jpg (72KB, 750x892px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2087.jpg
72KB, 750x892px
Help /fit/

I want to become a runner

I ran this this morning

Now what do I do?
>>
>>41660716
do it again.

and again.

and again.
>>
>>41660716
Do "Couch to 5k".

Don't worry about miles. Just build your volume of total minutes run each week.

Start 3 times per week for 15-20 minutes.

Add 5 minutes per run each week, and when you get to 30 minutes, add a day and go back down to 20 minutes.

When you can run 30 minutes per day for 5 days per week, then you can start adding more specific workouts. Long run, tempo, intervals, fartlek, striders, etc.

Also, enter a race now at the end of the year to hold your fat ass accountable.
>>
>>41660716

>11:21 mile
>ran

Ermmm...I can literally walk a mile that fast...I'm not trying to be a shithead, but are you sure you didn't do a very light jog? Because that's super fucking slow and I'm not even joking when I say that's almost walking speed.
>>
>>41660824
No you can't. A 15 minute mile is a brisk walk. 12 minutes per mile would be tard-level speedwalking.
>>
>>41660716

>1.3 mile
>15 min

You couldnt even pass the pt test to be a cop. Your in for a struggle if you are gonna make your run timw better.
>>
>>41660850

Yeah meaning I can walk a mile that fast if I walk fast. He went slightly faster than 5MPH, which is a fast walk. How do you "run" 5MPH?
>>
>>41660913
By not having both feet in contact with the ground during the gait cycle.
>>
>>41660716
i ran 1,3 mile in 12-14 minutes when i started running two months ago, now i run it under 8 minutes.
just keep doing this distance and increase speed, or run a longer distance to increase your overall stamina
>>
File: IMG_2093.jpg (299KB, 976x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2093.jpg
299KB, 976x1600px
>>41660824
>>41660850
>>41660895
>>41660913
>>41660928

Ignore the snobs, I started right where you are and I started running in my 40s.

Just do this every other day for a month until you can do it by just breathing through your nose and come back here so we can get you set up on some proper endurance training m8.
>>
>>41660974

I wasn't attempting to be a snob, I was only objecting to the term "run". Everyone starts unhealthy and slow. We were all there, I'm not knocking him for that. He wants to do something about it, which is excellent. Just that the number doesn't make sense to me if he actually ran.
>>
I do two runs a week. One long run on Saturday, where I focus on distance, and the other shorter run during the week after work on non-lifting days where I focus on increasing pace. You're running really slow and not for very long, so so you should work on distance and pace as well
>>
>>41661008
You all were being elitist snobs. The lad must start somewhere. Moving one foot in front of the other is exactly where we all started.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.