[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /fit/, behold my current routine I'm with regularly,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: payload.jpg (38KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
payload.jpg
38KB, 352x352px
Hello /fit/, behold my current routine I'm with regularly, three days each week. Not used to exercise and beginner, I don't want to end like Zyzz (I mean, dead lol) and I simply want a healthy defined body, nothing enormous. Besides, I repeat: I'm beginner, so:

-10 min bicycle with some resistance (I prefer this rather than spending more time)
-15 minutes of articular movements and stretchings of all my body
-2x20 abdominal isometrics

What would you change? What do you think?

>Inb4 you should do 20x99 abdominal isometrics faggot

Pic unrelated.
>>
I'd recommend actually doing exercise rather than prancing around like you are
>>
>>41659794
That's a great routine. You probably are pushing a little too hard with the abdominals for a beginner.
>>
File: Caveman press.jpg (4MB, 4752x3168px) Image search: [Google]
Caveman press.jpg
4MB, 4752x3168px
You can do better.

3 days a week.

Two questions:
How long have you been on the program?
How long has it been since you exercised, before this program?

btw, your program looks more like cardio.
Cardio is good in it's own right...
And stretching is good in it's own right.

But get some resistance training in there.
Actually exert yourself, and feel something called intensity.

You almost have what I call The Ideal Program

The Ideal Program
==============
1. Mobility/Stretching
2. Cardiovascular training
3. Resistance training
4. Meditation
>>
Sounds great. Dont forget to rest at least 2 days in between workouts, your body makes gains at rest.
>>
File: 1491992227779.jpg (2MB, 1423x2171px) Image search: [Google]
1491992227779.jpg
2MB, 1423x2171px
>>41659882

lol you're a fortuneteller or something? lmao I do meditation aswell.

The reason why I'm so focused on cardio and stretchings is because

1) I want to learn to ENJOY it. Just experiencing the pleasure of doing it much before than feeling limited by any strict program that make forgiving any exercise from it almost blasphemous.

2) I want to create a life-long routine.

3) I feel that I don't have any background and thus, doing anything above the average exercise would be health-risky. You know what I mean: when we are children we used to run and jump here and there. I lack at this point since I used to study a lot rather than hanging out with friends. As it as consequences, I prefer being honest and coherent with my current health status; so, although I don't have any medical condition that blocked me from doing harder exercises 'a priori', this lack of background could be translated as a similar limiter to anything harder that could cause counterproductive effects in my -perhaps modest, but still better than doing anything- advantages.

4) I want to train the core and the heart, before increasing volume or improving any other ability.

------------------------------

About your questions:

1) 'How long have you been on the program?'

2 months since I started. I plan to do it MUCH more time, maybe 2-3 years. The main things I want to train are the psychological obstacles and the background as I said. E.g.:

>I have to study, so I don't have time to train, because I got tired easier and I want to focus.
>My grandma gets married this Saturday, so I can make exercise other day, no prob.

The goals would be transforming these into:

>I have to study, and at the same time, I'll train to feel better, getting more oxygen and sugar to my brain and be more focused, comfy and determined.
>My grandma gets married this Saturday; great, I can scratch some 30 min. before arriving.

(Cont.)
>>
File: 1492001636041.jpg (187KB, 726x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1492001636041.jpg
187KB, 726x1000px
>>41660137

2) How long has it been since you exercised, before this program?

I've done some random shit before this, nothing serious, just to check if I could adhere to any routine and following it at least for 2 months.

I remember once when a friend and me got into a gym, not to get fit, just to jerk around and meet the place. We both paid for a month, and I included a supplement to be monitored. The first day he started with hard weights... he couldn't continue after the 4th day. On the contrary, I started with very easy exercises (mostly stretchings and cardio, 20-30 minutes at that time with no resistance in the bicycle). I lost weight and felt better after the whole month I paid for. However, I couldn't continue because I wanted to be full-focused on the exams I had the month after, but I felt fine of accomplishing that objective.

I remember too another time when I entered in /fit/. I was gaining pounds so I searched for any routine to lose them. I found that 2 minute hard-20 seconds rest routine, so I did it. Lol, I guarantee you that I lost a lot of weight, in fact maybe more than I wanted. But I got intrigued that maybe there could be any other routine with which I could train my heart, get healthier and improving all the other aspects of my life, like the student issues I talked about.

So, after finishing other things, I started with this new routine. In general, I don't find it hard (being the abdominal isometrics the exception; I found that those were the most healthier and that's why I do them... recently I felt that they were maybe too much to begin too as >>41659859 suggests so I could do simply 1x20 of front and lateral abdominals, what do you think?) , and that's what I'm more interested in: doing enjoyable exercise more than objective-focused routines.
>>
Holy fuck have you literally been diagnosed with autism or is your head just stuffed so far up your ass you have no idea what the fuck you're posting?

Good bait man, on the off chance this is legit please seriously reconsider your life
>>
bump searching for your advices.

Any video/infograph with good resistance training routine FOR BEGINNERS? With no bar if possible, I have none lol.

Also, 2x20 as being maybe too much to start with abdominal isometrics, what's your recommendation?
>>
>>41660137
>>41660233

I think it's great that you enjoy your exercises.
And I think that finding a routine that you can keep up indefinitely is how you create wealth in fitness.
And one more on this note: I think that by the virtue of you DOING something; your lifestyle is better than most people's sedentary lifestyles.

Having said that.
You are neglecting an important area of fitness.
Simply put, you are neglecting your strength.

Stretching/mobility - When you are old, your ligaments will be more flexible. You can bend and move without pain.
Cardiovascular training - Your blood vessels and heart become fortified. Your body becomes efficient at transporting life-nourishing oxygen and nutrients to every cell in your body.
Resistance training - When you are old, your muscles can produce force when needed. You will retain your vigor, and have a stout life.
Meditation - When you are old, your mind can more readily concentrate and be less susceptible to stress. You will retain your mental facilities.

Obviously who the fuck knows what will happen when you get older.
You can get hit by a bus and die next year.
Or die of aneurysm, or get Alzheimers or something.

The point is we practice preventative measures; and reinforce behaviors that both improve longevity, and increase quality of life.

Looking at your program, you may run into problems into the future if you don't modify it down the road.
By training the abdominal exercises, and neglecting to train the antagonist muscle group aka your lower back; you will run into a muscle imbalance given a long time.
This means your resting posture will be affected, and any movements that require a combination of the two muscles will be affected.

Your program fails to train your arms, your chest, and your back (and if we are being honest your legs could use more resistance too).
They will become weak compared to your abs.

Basically you're going remain weak as fuck, if you don't change things.
>>
File: bloodclublogo.jpg (716KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
bloodclublogo.jpg
716KB, 864x864px
>>41660296
I legit thought this was a troll thread at first too, but I'm going to help anyways, because fuck it.

>>41660701
How old are you?
I'm getting a sense that you are around 14 - 18 years old. Am I close?

From reading your posts I get a sense that you might be making excuses for yourself when it comes to your fitness.
I know you are aware of this. And I know you can do better.

You can always make time for the important things. It shouldn't take more than 1 hour to get a good workout. Your studies will not suffer because of it.

Here's the thing...
I get the feeling you'll be better off with a body weight routine.
You don't need to use weights/barbell/dumbbell to have a decent resistance training routine.
You can use your own bodyweight as the resistance.
I want to make it clear, that using weights is generally better than using bodyweight only.
But you can still do well with a bodyweight routine.

Check out this routine:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

Read that entirely and decide for yourself what you want to do.

Secondly, like I mentioned before, you are forgetting about other parts of your body.
Take care of your entire body. Full body.

This resource provides exercises for YOUR ENTIRE BODY (By muscle group), it also includes body weight exercises too:
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

That's all I have to share with you.
Good luck and continue practicing fitness.
>>
>>41659794
Okay so everybody can stop the bullshitting and rate this new legit routine I came up with. The idea was that I want to train almost every day, short and intense. It's a PPLPPL and it goes

pullup, pullover, curl
push press, BNP, triceps ext
snatch grip DL, bulgarian split squat, decline weighted crunch
row, face pull, curl
bench, DB bench, triceps ext
front squat, calf raise, barbell hip thrust

Whaddaya think?
>>
>>41662315

Wow, OP here. Could you translate it into rep seasons, like 3x8 this, 3x5 that? Literally almost new here, don't get your language.

Also, what is PPLPPL?
>>
>>41663105

OP here again. Bump
>>
消防車進入路につき 駐車禁止
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.