[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did your lifts look like when you decided to move on from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: iLhAJBl.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
iLhAJBl.png
47KB, 547x465px
What did your lifts look like when you decided to move on from a full body routine to something more advanced?
>>
File: 1494450045193.jpg (56KB, 436x375px) Image search: [Google]
1494450045193.jpg
56KB, 436x375px
But Greyskull is a full body routine, OP.
>>
>>41643658
I know silly
>>
>>41643668
So then phrase your question in a way that makes sense
>>
Outgrowing a full body routine is a meme.

The fact that very little people want to accept is that 6 days a week PPL or 5 days a week brosplit is shit for naturals. Upper/Lower is okay for naturals, but still shit compared to Full Body because having only 2 Upper days for 2 Lower days is imbalanced since there are way more Upper lifts to do than Lower.

You'll never outgrow a full body routine, it's impossible.

Stop thinking of those PPL/Brosplit as "advanced" and think of it more like a "Steroid" routine. Don't even bother doing them unless you're getting on the gear.

I'm not saying they wont work, but what I'm saying is there is LITERALLY ZERO POINT in lifting more than 3 times per week full-body as a natty.

Once you become more advanced you just add on more lifts to your full body. So you do your main lifts first, then you move onto your accessory/isolation's. That way you're still training 3 days a week, and you're hitting every muscle group, including arms/calves 3 times a week properly, instead of once every 4-7 days on some nonsensical routine.
>>
>>41645062
re read OP's question u fuckign spastic cunt
>>
>>41645125
This. But people are pussies and can't handle doing Bench/Squats/Deadlifts/Pull-Ups and a few isolation's for delts/arms/calves at the end of the workout. That would be too much effort for them. They'd prefer to just do Bench Press, then 10 other chest/tricep isolations on the same day, because it's easy and they don't have to bother using 90% of their body when they lift.

Don't get me wrong that works really really well for people on steroids, but it's like banging your head against the wall for no extra benefit if you're natural.
>>
>>41645125
>I'm not saying they wont work, but what I'm saying is there is LITERALLY ZERO POINT in lifting more than 3 times per week full-body as a natty.
https://www.strongerbyscience.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/
>>
>>41645177
You're actually proving my point if you read that article.

They took the volume of 3 day full body and spread it out over 6 days. So they had 6 full body sessions with half the volume.

All this does is prove my point about how full body is superior and how useless doing tons of volume in 1 day is (like you do on PPL or Brosplit)
>>
>>41645194
Yeah I know, I read the article. The point is that there is certainly good reason to train more than 3 times a week.

They've also developed proper programs now with even MORE volume, keeping the 5-6 day structure.
>>
File: 1490422364242.jpg (23KB, 400x439px) Image search: [Google]
1490422364242.jpg
23KB, 400x439px
>>41643638
This is now a Greyskull general because I just started Greyskull.

What accessories do you guys do on this programme? What doesn't get enough work?
>>
>>41645177
>posts greg cuckold article
AHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>41645125
>Upper/Lower is okay for naturals
OK, I'll show you some magic.

Basic upper/lower split, which is "OK" and "legit":
A squat, goodmornings
B BB bench, DB ohp, rows, dips
C deadlift, split squats
D BB ohp, DB bench, pull ups, lateral raises

Now move split squats, BB ohp, DB ohp and lateral raises to A, rows and pull ups to C, DB bench to B, so we still have same weekly volume.

A squat, BB ohp, goodmornings, DB ohp, split squat, lateral raises
B BB bench, DB bench, dips
C deadlift, rows, pull ups

OH MY GOD! HOLY RIPPETOE, IT'S A BRO SPLIT NOW! MAGICALLY IT'S NOT WORKING ANYMORE!!!!
>>
>>41643638
do next cycle slavic swole 6 times a week fullbody.
hope I woun't die
>>
Should I switch over to Phraks from SL?

I've been doing SL for about a month now. Making good progress on all my lifts but squatting every workout with 2.5kg more weight each time is making me anxious. Last workout I squatted 75kg but struggled hard. I enjoy the squat but having to do it every workout is making me dislike it more.

What do you reckon /fit/, benefits of SL versus Phraks LP?
>>
>>41645224
Add whatever you feel like you need. I added 2 tricep exercises(overhead rope and pulldown) and a curl exercise at the end of each day.

Just make sure you can recovery, thats really all there is to it.
>>
>>41645125
I agree with higher frequency on all muscles, hitting every muscle group 2-3 times a week is infinitely better than a bro split. Though doing a full body routine becomes incredibly difficult every workout. After awhile when the weights get high enough doing something super energy intensive like deadlifts at a high % of max or an Olympic lift will cause too much exhaustion and hinder results on other portions of your workout.

There have been a lot of routines various powerlifters and strongmen have implemented that hit all groups 2-3 times a week without doing a full body each day. Examples would be like Jesse Norris and his powerlifting friends programming
>>
>>41645224
skullcrushers, hang&clean, forearms, dips, curls, high pulls, flies
2 of these x2 sets
>>
>>41645224
dips, chins, curls, tricep extension and lat raises
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.