[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good day /fit/ So it is the offseason for basketball and I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0015.jpg (221KB, 815x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0015.jpg
221KB, 815x1200px
Good day /fit/

So it is the offseason for basketball and I have been hitting the gym for about 2 weeks now. I am 6'3 and 189lbs. My bf% is around 18. I have around 2-4 months before the season starts again and have have no time to really hit the gym during the season.

My question is that is it the right thing to clean bulk here at my bf%? I guess I will lose some bf% while hitting the gym.

I would like to hear some opinions on this.
>>
Ignore the double "have" autismus there
>>
first of all

>basketball
>above 12% bf
>6'3

if you playing guard even small foward you shouldnt go above fucking 12%bf

clean cut + squat + dips + pullups + deadlift + pylometric stuff and a lot of mobility

I was playing ball and 6'3 189lbs at 18% is just not accetapble, to fat to keep up with conditioned guards and to weak to bang with big bois under basket as over summer you wont put a lot of muscle clean cut and do good routine
>>
>>41626308
>>41626270

also dont fall for any type of treadmill or long time cardio

do sprints, suicide drills stuff that you do running on basketball field
>>
>>41626315
this, although training for endurance isnt going to hurt you, burst speed and quick recovery is more important in basketball. I don't agree with you necessarily having to be under 12% body fat tho you'll lose bodyfat if you intake less calories than you put out. you SHOULD clean bulk if you're going to try and put on muscle. post a pic of CB
>>
>>41626348

he will clean bulk to lets say 20%

basketball season kicks in

wow jeff you got slow i think we have to cut you out of team

highschool hoops are all about speed and conditioning if you arent really tall so you can just stand in the paint and push others around

unless op isnt in highschool or some shitty uni team, than he can do whatever
>>
>>41626270
You're fat, lose weight. Do this
>https://www.defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part2/
while eating at a deficit. Max effort upper body on Monday, lower body on Wednesday, repetition effort upper body on Friday. Do sprints after lifting on Monday and Friday and some low intensity cardio on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

You're too short to ever be above 10-12% bodyfat if you want to be a good basketball player.
>>
>>41626384
so what you're saying if hes doing light training, including endurance/sprint cardio training you think hes gunna bulk up 2% more bodyfat AND be significantly slower? I can't tell if you're trolling. not only that, he won't be lifting RIGHT before season and during... meaning for a few weeks when hes preseason practicing he will be doing MOSTLY cardio and probably eating for maintenance he will be fine. OP if your goal is to put on muscle clean bulk and STICK TO YOUR DIET don't cheat at all and you will see good results.
>>
>>41626270
Getting fit wont really help you with basketball, just look at KD, Steph ECT all you have to do is be athletic and have a good shot. Just train vertical and do light lifting and practice shooting and handles a ton
>>
>You're too short to ever be above 10-12% bodyfat if you want to be a good basketball player.
don't listen to these faggots
>>
>>41626503
>>41626503
....holy shit why is he so fat?
>>
File: IMG_0512.jpg (73KB, 640x742px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0512.jpg
73KB, 640x742px
>>41626348
Yo this is my CB. Hopefully this will provide some better insight and also pls be gentle.
>>
>>41626528
I know I got too much fat around my chest and stomach area. Hoping to fix that.
>>
>>41626528
have you considered becoming trap? you have nice birthing hips
>>
>>41626563
Yeah I have actually. It is my dream desu
>>
>>41626475
>because KD couldn't bench 185 at the combine means OP doesn't need to do that too.
Well, if OP was 7 footer who could shoot the lights out then I could agree. But if you don't have it, you work on other things, like your strenght and explosiveness.

OP, can you dunk? If not, work for the first two months on heavy squats, even 3 times a week, then incorporate some plyometrics. Go with clean bulk, you will lose bodyfat during the preseason.
>>
>>41626503
Carmelo's 6'8, dumbass
>>
>>41626475
>because some athletic freaks never lifted or worked out you don't have to either
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.