[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you resist the urge to kill yourself when doing cardio?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1495770860985.jpg (111KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
1495770860985.jpg
111KB, 500x460px
How do you resist the urge to kill yourself when doing cardio?

I think of this beautiful Latina at work that plays soccer and wouldnt even consider me until I shape up. But it still feels terrible after the half mile mark.

What do you think about when running?
>>
>>41621323
How much worse I will feel about myself if I quit.
>>
I just proceed and kill myself
>>
About nothing. I love cardio. And if I think about quitting, I'll FOCUS!
>>
>>41621323
I hate running with a passion but still force myself because otherwise all that effort l put into going outside would be pointless

Also that the village farmers have a super cute german shepard that's suoer playful and even runs with me
>>
>>41621748
That keeps me going too. But it doesnt always work unfortunately.

>>41621784
That doesnt work for most people though, you lucky bastard.
>>
>>41621323

Just put in some earbuds, listen to whatever kind of music motivates you (for me it's always that dramatic orchestra music you hear in movie trailers), put yourself on "auto-pilot", and just run. It'll be over before you know it.
>>
I do cardio that I somewhat enjoy like rowing or bicycling. Fuck running.
>>
focus on reaching something in around 100m proximity and than the next thing in around that proximity.
also doing cardio in intervals is way more enjoyable and effective
>>
File: vU5EkVU.png (610KB, 537x533px) Image search: [Google]
vU5EkVU.png
610KB, 537x533px
When I run, I have a goal in mind, a target KM to reach. I don't think about giving up - I think about how much closer I am to my goal KM. The only time I let up is to lessen my pace if I'm running a long distance. With running the goal should be to never stop.
>>
should i switch to the elliptical? everyone who uses it seems to have massive calves.
>>
>>41621323
That big ol spliff waiting for me after my fifth lap of the pond. Seriously though, cardio is not fun and never becomes fun. You either like it or you don't but either way you should do it.
>>
File: 1485469866826.jpg (48KB, 540x562px) Image search: [Google]
1485469866826.jpg
48KB, 540x562px
I always bring my headphones and music for jogs/ runs because I'm a weak willed fuck. The beats keep me going--if I am feeling tired I just wait for a really good section of the song and then just all out sprint until I physically can't go anymore. It allows me to pace the run but still get dem cardio / heart health gainz
>>
Remember the times when benching 1 plate felt heavy, but now it's not even enough for a warmup? It's the same with running.
>>
I only feel that way when im running to break a pr, and usually only on the mile. It's only like 6 minutes so find a really good song or two, blast them on max if you have to, and think of your ultimate goal, and push yourself

if im running regular cardio at a sustained pace music alone is usually enough
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.