[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you get aesthetic through calisthenics and good diet only?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170527_181925_389.jpg (86KB, 1000x733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170527_181925_389.jpg
86KB, 1000x733px
Can you get aesthetic through calisthenics and good diet only? I don't want to spend mulah on a gym membership and there's an outside gym close to my house.
>>
Why do you need the calisthenics if there's an outside gym?

But, yeah, you can. Still, just easier in general to do the big 4 and pull-ups, and it's not as autistic.
>>
>>41613044

With a t shirt on? Nah.
Shirtless, yeah.
>>
Charles Bronson did it
>>
File: 6tu96lfl.gif (1022KB, 296x225px) Image search: [Google]
6tu96lfl.gif
1022KB, 296x225px
>>41613044
Yeah man absolutely

Weighted pull ups and dips are the squats and deadlifts of the upper body. You can get swole doing only those.

I'd add shoulder work, rowing, and some arm isolations and you're solid. Don't forget pistol squats, core work, and bridges as well.

FitnessFAQs, Red Delta Project, Old School Calisthenics, these guys got swole doing calisthenics (weighted and unweighted), check them out on youtube
>>
>>41613244
Oh yeah, get some gymnastic rings for them gains as well. They are awesome
>>
>>41613121

he was never aesthetic.
>>
Absolutely, but keep in mind that calisthenics programs are 99.9% of the time shit for hypertrophy.
Most programs are either gimmicks for selling ebooks, or ways to get very strong relative to your weight and do some very cool (and difficult tricks).

If you want real hypertrophy with a bodyweight/calisthenics program, you need to study what it takes to bodybuild, in terms of sets/reps, diet, frequency, intensity rest etc. Most bodyweight programs will ignore some simple truths of hypertrophy.
For example, a beginner should rest enough and not try to do skill work that stresses hard the muscles he just worked out and wants to get bigger. (a weightlifting bodybuilder knows this on reflex, but a bodyweight guy might tell you to work the rings, blowing your rest)
If you know a lot about bodybuilding then you can do it, for sure. The human body can't tell the difference between weight put on from leverage from a barbell or a calesthenics exercise, provided they are equally intense.
Someone with weights though, will do 8-12 reps, 3 sets of OHP, and he'll rest appropriately between sets, and between shoulder workout days.
A calesthenics guy will treat it as though sets, rest, reps, frequency, intensity, diet, etc is all geared toward getting stronger and learning the next trick, so it is mile away from the weight guy.
If you know how to do basic and intermediate programming, know your macros and calories and rest for an aesthetic physique, then you can do it. But beware, you will get a constant stream of really bad advice from people with completely different goals.
It's almost like a powerlifter trying to tell a guy who just wants to look good what to do, but with more denial and arrogance.
There are plenty of ways to do it right, but you have to do it yourself, because the realistic programming DOES NOT EXIST.
>>
>>41613270
>he doesn't like big guys
>>
>>41613082
What.
>>
>>41613395
I think he means that if you saw a dude without a shirt, he would be defined and lean and it would look like he had a good physique. But if you saw him with a shirt on, he'd be DYEL, because in reality, he's not very big, but the leanness and proportions make him look big without a shirt.
Probably because calesthenics has completely different goals, and they aren't doing shit to get "big"
Though they could, and have, but it's not common.
>>
>>41613044
Easily. Most people do that. He'll daily calisthenics and IF is how I lost my weight.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.