[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You've got 10 seconds to give me ONE good reason why the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: seatedbarbellpress1.jpg (111KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
seatedbarbellpress1.jpg
111KB, 800x600px
You've got 10 seconds to give me ONE good reason why the seated overhead press shouldn't replace the bench press in powerlifting and the NFL combine
>>
tradition
>>
Because it would fundamentally change how people train for each event.
Now give me one reason why it should
>>
Why do people do seated OHP instead of standing?
>>
>>41612502
The reason to pick seated ohp as a legitimate alternative to standing ohp for powerlifting is because it's easier to judge and won't turn into some horrible sort of standing incline jerk monster like it did when it was in the Olympics
>>
You can still cheat the fuck out of it seated with crazy lean back. I do it myself all the time just because I don't particularly care about being strict, and I don't mind having some extra upper chest recruitment since I don't have an incline bench.
>>
>>41612467
because bench already makes up <25% of your total. its the least valuable lift for a PLer who wants to be competitive. seated press is probably ~50% of your bench, meaning it would basically be pointless and no one would care about it

maybe a push press could work, but definitely no strict
>>
Also, on top of being easier to judge, the bench is simply a heavier lift. In a sport like powerlifting, they're obviously going to want the upper body lift that allows the most weight to move. If they were trying to be spectator friendly, they'd be strongman anyway.
>>
>>41612541
>these people give fitness advises
>>
>>41612559
Ok but what about for the NFL combine though? I think they should definitely use it there

135lb or 185lb for reps
>>
>>41612589
isnt it literally just a gimmick to do that in the NFL? Im not american so I dont know how it works, but arent they just judged on how good they are at the sport??
>>
>>41612467
>Why do people do seated OHP instead of standing?

Personally, I just don't have high ceilings. Still looking for something extra to replace it with(with seated press obv)
>>
>>41612467
cause pushing up heavy shit is gonna fuck up your shoulder joint harder than pushing things straight front of ya, like it supposed to be, tard
>>
>>41612467
because there's no way to work around shoulder injuries with it
>>
Bench press actually seems relevant. They are constantly pushing people in an orientation much more like benching than ohp
>>
>>41612617
>>41612639
>>these people give fitness advises
>>
>>41612589
When is the last time you saw a lineman press an opposing lineman overhead?

Do you understand now?
>>
>>41612657
Exactly
>>
>>41612695
Confirm for never having pushed anyone out the way in your entire life LOL

Pencil necked dweebs should not be commenting on sports
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.